Martha77

How To Know What Career I Should Do?

10 posts in this topic

Yes..first timer post ..

I Have Worked In So Many Different Fields Jobs That I Don't See Myself As For My Career!!!

Hope I can get some options to figure what I am going through in this part of my life.. Lil about me...im 39 I have 3 girls and 3boys and 2 beautiful grand daughters.. I feel that I am really stuck on just what I want to set my career. I worked in so many warehouses ..to me that's over worked and under paid ..home health care aid ...loved it but I get to close to the client that its really depressed to know that they have passed away... I am currently working in a restaurant called Korean BBQ and grill buffet.. And its OK but my boss cut my hrs because he pays me more and the other employee get less and they work 9hr 6days a week I only do 30 every 2 weeks... I need more money I am looking for a new job but still working at the restaurant.. And this is where I need to figure out how to make money and I'm getting older I need a career I need to start living life ..i hope I didn't send a  wrong message..like I first said first time... Posting

Edited by Leo Gura
Reduced length of title

@Martha77

Hello Martha, what helped me is doing stuff that I love and turning those into a life purpose. It took me a few major tries to figure out my path and mission.

What do you love to do? 

Try putting those into the diagram below:

bi_triangle-300x259.jpg

This diagram is from the book, Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki. 

Tip: After you figured this one out, look at Spiral Dynamics starting at stage orange and go to stage turquoise with this diagram. Leo has a Spiral Dynamics clip  (aka Graves model).

Another tip: In the meantime, try to do something you love as a job if you must work. Try to work within your interest. 

Best of Journey 

@Martha77

6 hours ago, Martha77 said:

Yes..first timer post ..hope I can get some options to figure what I am going through in this part of my life.. Lil about me...im 39 I have 3 girls and 3boys and 2 beautiful grand daughters.. I feel that I am really stuck on just what I want to set my career. I worked in so many warehouses ..to me that's over worked and under paid ..home health care aid ...loved it but I get to close to the client that its really depressed to know that they have passed away... I am currently working in a restaurant called Korean BBQ and grill buffet.. And its OK but my boss cut my hrs because he pays me more and the other employee get less and they work 9hr 6days a week I only do 30 every 2 weeks... I need more money I am looking for a new job but still working at the restaurant.. And this is where I need to figure out how to make money and I'm getting older I need a career I need to start living life ..i hope I didn't send a  wrong message..like I first said first time... Posting

It sounds like you would benefit from taking Leo's Life Purpose Course.  You need to find out what you enjoy doing and brings meaning to you.  I felt the course was definitely worth my time and money.  I discovered my life purpose is to help people along on their journey and to help other people find their life purpose.  And I do that by using my holistic healing (hypnosis, reiki) abilities and as well as pursuing my art.

You didn't send the wrong message at all, you're fine. :)  I've been where you are.  And I could literally list the crazy different jobs I've tried and done.....I've bounced around, but I've learned so much...I was a: preschool art teacher, professional researcher, waitress, Bugs Bunny at Six Flags Magic Mountain, hypnotist, exotic dancer, floral designer...etc....lol.  I get it ...I totally get it.  

This is good that you are inquiring and that you want more from your life.  That means you are willing to change and to do whatever needs to be done to bring you happiness and success.

If they are cutting your hours it sounds like you need to shop around when you  have time off to find something to supplement your income.  A lot of it has to do with what you can tolerate and what you enjoy.  What works for someone else may not work for you.  That's why it's so important to find a life purpose and a  job or something that you LOVE to do.   If you're going to spend the rest of your life working for something....you might as well make it enjoyable, meaningful and leave something that will impact the world. :)

Good luck on your journey! I know you can do it!

Edited by Peace and Love
grammar

Thank you guys for the support.. It helps a lot..I'm not of many friends and my husband well different story.. But no support from him ..thanks for takeing ur time...i really do appreciate it..:D

This will not be easy, but the journey will take you to places byeond your wildest dreams, if you will let it. 

Very important to work on inner game as well. Millioners become millioners way before they have the money... 

Good luck :)

That's where I having difficulty ..I lernd how to sewing.. For the reason is I'm picky on my clothing I learned thanks to youtob I redesign my clothes for a better fashion look ..I would love to be my own boss have a store but I never finished school I'm looking to that and looking for a 2 Nd jod as well and going through a separation from my husband......

Hey my sister has a passion for sewing and design and she did not go to school and developed much more skill than other girls that completed college for it. Have a vision and work at it. 

On 13. 2. 2017 at 4:44 AM, Martha77 said:

That's where I having difficulty ..I lernd how to sewing.. For the reason is I'm picky on my clothing I learned thanks to youtob I redesign my clothes for a better fashion look ..I would love to be my own boss have a store but I never finished school I'm looking to that and looking for a 2 Nd jod as well and going through a separation from my husband......

Sewing sounds interesting actually if you really like it. I have some friends who help their income by doing historical costumes for the fantasy community, one who makes corsets etc. Although I don't think any of them have it as their main income.

You will probably need to advance your skills though, both in sewing and in business, and build some group of semi-regular customers, so prepare for a several years-long path. So you may still have to find a better paying job for now, although one you don't love. (Better said then done, I know.)