Someone here

Does infinity include logical impossibilities?

60 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I’m assuming here that “logically impossible” in your words means something that has a valid and sound argument proving its impossibility. And the answer is, well, it depends.

Technically the answer is no, something that is logically impossible cannot exist. However, we are all human and we don’t know everything. This means you cannot be 100% sure that your premises in your argument are sound in reality. If new evidence arises that all of a sudden throws a premise into question, then your argument is no longer sufficient to prove the thing’s impossibility.

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I’m assuming here that “logically impossible” in your words means something that has a valid and sound argument proving its impossibility. And the answer is, well, it depends.

Technically the answer is no, something that is logically impossible cannot exist. However, we are all human and we don’t know everything. This means you cannot be 100% sure that your premises in your argument are sound in reality. If new evidence arises that all of a sudden throws a premise into question, then your argument is no longer sufficient to prove the thing’s impossibility.

Well, to be honest, I have no fuckin idea, the only thing I know is state of being is everything, otherwise we are in a mental chaos mode and suffering and creating a fucked up reality when we are in a mode like that, but I have no idea about what to do about that, maybe I gotta meditate more often, I don't know, ya ?

Edited by Vibroverse

You know, concepts and thoughts must be grounded on a solid basis, otherwise the nature of thought is not perceiving itself as being itself, but being itself is the state of being itself, then how does being even is able to ask of itself in whatever mode it is really seems to be the weird question to me. 

@Vibroverse cut down the marijuana bro and come back to reality .

Jk ? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Vibroverse cut down the marijuana bro and come back to reality .

Jk ? 

Haha, yeah, you may be right in some sense, but what I'm saying is if God is Love, then we must be base our now moment on Love, or at least we need to move towards Love by stopping not being Love, if who we actually are is God, and therefore Love. 

You know, it is like the idea of moving closer and closer to the mind of God, to the mind of Love, and let God's mind think through us, like being a vessel that is more and more open to the receptivity from the mind of Love. 

And in that way, we may allow the mind of Love to philosophize and think and be through us, in a sense, by not philosophizing and thinking and trying to understand through the human mind. 

It might sound so obvious when I say it in this way, like "of course it is the best state of being, or state of moving towards Being, in a sense, that it would be the best and most efficient and wisest way of knowing".

But then I ask myself "do I really do that, do I really care about being in a meditative state first, and then experience the process of being in that way?", then my answer, to myself, is "not really". 

Now it may look like it has got nothing to do with your thread, and like I'm trolling your thread, and yeah, maybe I'm doing that, in a sense, to some degree, but I felt like saying this to everyone that is listening in the universe, in a sense ?

Sorry for trolling, dude, if it feels like that to you, and if it feels like I'm not frickin saying anything, and in a sense, yeah, I'm not saying anything, but I'm really thinking about what it even means to say something, so I wrote this here ? Anyways, just pardon my rambling, please ?

Once I heard Rupert Spira say "the best thinkers in the world are those who do not think", and it, kinda, made great sense to me, when I look at the mechanism of thinking. 

@Vibroverse 

2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

the best thinkers in the world are those who do not think.

Ah yess, now I can be lazy and not study for university and claim that the most nerdy badass students are those who don't study at all. And just cheat in the exams and get high grades for doing absolutely fucking nothing .very good bro ?. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Vibroverse 

Ah yess, now I can be lazy and not study for university and claim that the most nerdy badass students are those who don't study at all. And just cheat in the exams and get high grades for doing absolutely fucking nothing .very good bro ?. 

You don't understand what I'm saying. 

3 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

You don't understand what I'm saying. 

Would you mind explaining it ?

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I guess he mean that they are the ones who communicate their direct intuition, those to whom ideas come by themselves, not those who get lost in mental processes and reach conclusions

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Thinking too much and trying to solve problems don't frickin work, at least that's how it is for me, so I'm in the process of turning back to my studies of Taoism, studying the idea of Wu Wei, because I feel like that's the only real option that can ever work, but when I'm trying to explain what I mean it is hard for me to explain, because this is a very intuitive thing that I'm experiencing about that idea. 

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:
3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I guess he mean that they are the ones who communicate their direct intuition, those to whom ideas come by themselves, not those who get lost in mental processes and reach conclusions

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yeah, that's, pretty much, what I was talking about. And you can still get involved in mental processes, but you do it in a way that is intuition based, grounded on the grand scheme, in a sense, of intuition and meditation. 

Edited by Vibroverse

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

And what's wrong with "getting lost in mental processes and reach conclusions"? why are you even labeling it in a negative fashion (getting lost ). I don't dig this buddhist demonisation of thinking. Without thinking you can't survive.  I disagree with Buddhism that to obtain enlightenment we should shut down our minds and remain silent both from the outside and the inside .

Just sitting there silently meditating isn't gonna answer big existential questions , like where did I come from and what happens when I die. At best it is a system for coping with suffering but the cost is high you have to give up meaningful attachments. 

12 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Thinking too much and trying to solve problems don't frickin work, at least that's how it is for me, so I'm in the process of turning back to my studies of Taoism, studying the idea of Wu Wei, because I feel like that's the only real option that can ever work, but when I'm trying to explain what I mean it is hard for me to explain, because this is a very intuitive thing that I'm experiencing about that idea. 

There is nothing wrong with silencing the mind temporarily to give it enough lube to work again more effectively .just like how you rest your body in sleep to recharge. But don't go fooling yourself that by silencing the mind you gonna get to the highest degrees of God realization. Its actually the opposite. Because reality has a structure and intelligence behind it which requires your intellect to be sharp. Not some zen no mind BS.

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And what's wrong with "getting lost in mental processes and reach conclusions"? why are you even labeling it in a negative fashion (getting lost ). I don't dig this buddhist demonisation of thinking. Without thinking you can't survive.  I disagree with Buddhism that to obtain enlightenment we should shut down our minds and remain silent both from the outside and the inside .

Just sitting there silently meditating isn't gonna answer big existential questions , like where did I come from and what happens when I die. At best it is a system for coping with suffering but the cost is high you have to give up meaningful attachments. 

There is nothing wrong with silencing the mind temporarily to give it enough lube to work again more effectively .just like how you rest your body in sleep to recharge. But don't go fooling yourself that by silencing the mind you gonna get to the highest degrees of God realization. Its actually the opposite. Because reality has a structure and intelligence behind it which requires your intellect to be sharp. Not some zen no mind BS.

I think quieting your mind actually might be what makes your intellect sharp. 

Edited by Vibroverse

8 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

I think quieting your mind actually might be what makes your intellect sharp. 

No.

-Osho

53 minutes ago, Someone here said:

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

I would say that that precisely those questions can only be answered from the silence of the mind, and after be translated into words. what we are is total intelligence, and that intelligence manifests itself in silence. Thought should not be underestimated as a tool, but it is limited. it comes with language, without language there is no thought. it is the development of learned ideas, never totally original. the original comes from the void. for example, kant is an example of reaching conclusions through the development of thought, and Einstein through pure intuition, albeit in a mind prepared and educated for it

12 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I would say that that precisely those questions can only be answered from the silence of the mind, and after be translated into words. what we are is total intelligence, and that intelligence manifests itself in silence. Thought should not be underestimated as a tool, but it is limited. it comes with language, without language there is no thought. it is the development of learned ideas, never totally original. the original comes from the void. for example, kant is an example of reaching conclusions through the development of thought, and Einstein through pure intuition, albeit in a mind prepared and educated for it

I dig that...like Buddhism's goal is to completely uncondition your mind. This would remove all limitations from our minds.

If you think infinite possibility can't be true or attained, I guess you would think it useless.

I don't believe in universal right or wrong, there are many perspectives to one truth and everyone has their own methods or path. Religions are internally diverse, people within the same sects may have different interpretations.

So its gonna take a mix of both emptying the mind and using the mind to arrive at answers .After all..without the mind(thoughts basically) you can't even formulate a question or have an answer to it .

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I dig that...like Buddhism's goal is to completely uncondition your mind. This would remove all limitations from our minds.

If you think infinite possibility can't be true or attained, I guess you would think it useless.

I don't believe in universal right or wrong, there are many perspectives to one truth and everyone has their own methods or path. Religions are internally diverse, people within the same sects may have different interpretations.

So its gonna take a mix of both emptying the mind and using the mind to arrive at answers .After all..without the mind(thoughts basically) you can't even formulate a question or have an answer to it .

Yeah, I don't think there is such a thing as "the" path also, and this not only is different from person to person, but it can also change within the same person as well. You sometimes may feel like following one path and other times another path.