Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilsi

The Life Purpose Red PIll

51 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, zurew said:

Related to Dall-E 2, one real concern could be around the art,designer job market (how it will revolutionise the market, how many people will lose their jobs, what kind of new jobs could be created and how can we take care of those artist who will lose their income , what will happen with art schools and designer schools, what will happen with art and designer teachers) --> this would be one way to think about this specific issue in a systemic way and thinking ahead before the shit kicks in.

Right, though I think humanity is not yet wise enough to take these kinds of consideration into account, in the end the artists will have to advocate for themselves, but I see a lot of denial in the community about this topic in particular. One interesting dynamic I expect to occur actually, is that once these technologies will become accessible, we will see a steep decline in people who seek to learn the craft of drawing and painting.

When every kid will have the ability to create fantastic art by simply typing in a prompt, what kid will bother to try and learn, for years and years, the skill to become a masterful artist? Just to get to the level of what an AI will be able to do would take years, and therefore it will seem like a waste of time to even begin the journey. The ease of accessibility in contrast with the amount of effort it takes to learn that skill will discourage most people.

Because AI only learns from already preexisting styles and images, this actually could mean the end of evolution for art in general, but I suppose we will see how good AI will be at generating novel styles akin to what humans can achieve.

But like I said, mankind has not yet achieved the level of sophistication to be this forward-thinking. You can expect a lot of suffering in the future. We have already ruined entire generations by having given them access to social media, and quite possibly irreparably damaging the way they view the world and themselves.

46 minutes ago, zurew said:

Related to GPT-3, one big concern could be related to misinformation. 1)In the future how can we differentiate between  human vs AI generated information, articles, scientific papers. 2) How can social media sites will be able to differentiate between AI operated vs human operated profiles and accounts (and how can we help them to be prepared before we let GPT-3 public), 3) How GPT-3 will make the writers job a lot less valuable, and how GPT-4 will probably totally destroy the writer job market and what alternative solutions can we provide for those people.

I don't know if this will be that much of a problem. There already exist bots which can disseminate misinformation, and in regards to what kind of articles to trust, we already have this issue as we speak. Articles written by fools and ideologues are as dangerous as articles written by AI's, the solution here is a proper epistemic foundation, which we have long avoided to nurture within individuals. That's the reason why there are so many people confused about the reality of the world.

I already said this on this forum several times. The success in the 21st century is not defined how much information you have or exists, but rather by how you navigate the novel information landscape. This something we will have to develop and learn as individuals and as collectives, and I think the lessons we will learn from this will be the foundation for a new level of sophistication for the entire human race. Without this challenge, humans would have never given the opportunity to evolve.

54 minutes ago, zurew said:

Related to DeepFake, how can we differentiate between faked and not faked images, videos, audio files. When it comes to talking on phone, how can we determine if we are talking with an AI or with a real person.

I think AI's will solve this problem entirely, they will be able to detect AI generated content and differentiate it from authentic material. When it comes to talking on the phone, we might just switch over to talking with the camera on, which will be interesting! It might positively effect human dynamics.

1 hour ago, zurew said:

Related to self driving cars and trucks, what alternative job/ solution can we provide for those people who will lose their jobs in the near future (truck,bus,train,taxi drivers)

Related to the entertainment market, how can we take care of  comedians, musicians, who will probably lose their jobs in the next decade, because AI will be able to generate super funny memes, messages, videos and what not, and AI will be able to generate any kind of music in a much greater quality than a human would ever could and with a much greater efficiency as well.

Andrew Yang ran for president for this very reason. The solution is UBI. It's really a no brainer, inevitable and even desirable.

1 hour ago, zurew said:

In the future when most jobs will be occupied by AI, how can we wrestle with the meaning crisis, where most people lose their motivation and hope and purpose to do anything, because there will be UBI and humans will be worthless (in terms of market value and labour). So basically what artificial pillar(s) can we create that can provide the same or higher level of meaning to people than jobs and religions combined.

It will finally open the door to us becoming responsible and wise individuals. We will finally be able to transcend our self-obsessed, egoic nature. We will be capable of adopting our proper role and responsibility for the guardians and nurtures of this planet. We will open our eyes to the suffering of the world, and because there will be nothing more meaningful to do, we will help all sentient beings on this planet to prosper, we will create heaven on earth. It will be the beginning of our destiny, of our meaning not the end. It will finally give us the space to turn inward and recognize our true nature.

Notice the difference in our perspectives. You see the asteroid as the end of the world, I see it as a gift from the Divine, the beginning of a new era. An era which will make this one seem like the dark ages. We will forget about all the problems you have mentioned, and we will recognize that those challenges were what was necessary to wake us up. Because that is how mankind grows, through challenge, not through procrastination. For the past 50 years, the western world was in a state of developmental stagnation, this is what will wake us up to the fact that sticking our head in the sand and pretending we are all that exists is no longer an option.

I think you truly underestimate the amount of prosperity, wisdom and love that awaits us all. You will realize that your concerns were only small pebbles, laying on a road to the kingdom of heaven.

Glory to Israel

12 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I already said this on this forum several times. The success in the 21st century is not defined how much information you have or exists, but rather by how you navigate the novel information landscape. This something we will have to develop and learn as individuals and as collectives, and I think the lessons we will learn from this will be the foundation for a new level of sophistication for the entire human race. Without this challenge, humans would have never given the opportunity to evolve.

I like this a lot. This dovetails nicely with James Carses notion of the "Infinite Game," if you're familiar with that. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Scholar If we wise up in time, then this 21st century will be one of the most significant, profound, instructive, beautiful phase in human history.

17 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Totally agree, if we can take our collective and individual sensemaking abilities to the next level, then that will be the most relevant and important foundation in our evolution, after that we should expect our evolution speeding up exponentially.

Edited by zurew

Just now, Nilsi said:

I like this a lot. This dovetails nicely with James Carses notion of the "Infinite Game," if you're familiar with that. 

Who needs James Carses when we have Kojima-san?

All kidding aside though, this insight came to me when I realized how valuable it is to know the right people, and know who to listen to. There is so much information on the net, it becomes overwhelming when you don't know how to distinguish between good and bad information. It is so much information, that for people who do not know how to navigate it, it can be far more harmful than good. But when you are able to sift out the bad and find ways to locate the good, your competitive advantage today is significant.

I have never heard of the "Infinite Game" notion but it sounds interesting.

6 minutes ago, zurew said:

@Scholar If we wise up in time, then this 21st century will be one of the most significant, profound, instructive, beautiful phase in human history.

It's not about if we can wise up in time. My entire point is that these challenges are what will force us to become wiser. Without them, we would never become wise. Like without the asteroid, the birds wouldn't rule the skies the way they do today, and humans would not walk the earth.

AI, and all the challenges that come with it, they are a direct expression of the intelligence of the divine. It is not a mistake, it is the way evolution works. We are given these experiences so we can grow.

Glory to Israel

43 minutes ago, Scholar said:

All kidding aside though, this insight came to me when I realized how valuable it is to know the right people, and know who to listen to. There is so much information on the net, it becomes overwhelming when you don't know how to distinguish between good and bad information. It is so much information, that for people who do not know how to navigate it, it can be far more harmful than good. But when you are able to sift out the bad and find ways to locate the good, your competitive advantage today is significant.

You might be familiar with this series and with Daniel but this whole series is about how to make sense of information, how to distinguish between signal (relevant information/insight/facts) and noise(narrative, assumptions, opinions)

43 minutes ago, Scholar said:

It's not about if we can wise up in time. My entire point is that these challenges are what will force us to become wiser. Without them, we would never become wise. Like without the asteroid, the birds wouldn't rule the skies the way they do today, and humans would not walk the earth.

AI, and all the challenges that come with it, they are a direct expression of the intelligence of the divine. It is not a mistake, it is the way evolution works. We are given these experiences so we can grow.

I understand that point and agree , but what i meant is that  in order to survive we will have to think ahead and wise up before we actually do big fuckups that are irreversible (or before we let things escalate so much, from where there is no going back), because these things are different in substance and in kind to past historical fuckups and challenges. We are at a time, where we can't entirely rely on the "i will learn from my past fuckups and i won't think ahead" idea. But i do believe that there are enough wise and intelligent people on this Earth so that collectively we will manage to survive and solve these global issues.

Edited by zurew

32 minutes ago, zurew said:

You might be familiar with this series and with Daniel but this whole series is about how to make sense of information, how to distinguish between signal (relevant information/insight/facts) and noise(narrative, assumptions, opinions)

Oh right Rebel Wisdom was influential in that regard for me too! I think it very much is a stage yellow project, which I think the information processing thing is.

33 minutes ago, zurew said:

I understand that point and agree , but what i meant is that  in order to survive we will have to think ahead and wise up before we actually do big fuckups that are irreversible (or before we let things escalate so much, from where there is no going back), because these things are different in substance and in kind to past historical fuckups and challenges. We are at a time, where we can't entirely rely on the "i will learn from my past fuckups and i won't think ahead" idea. But i do believe that there are enough wise and intelligent people on this Earth so that collectively we will manage to survive and solve these global issues.

Yes, but these challanges we are facing are managable, it is actually surprising just how managable they are.

To me it is very plausible that at some point, we will be sufficiently technologically advanced that it will take a single irresponsible or malicious actor on this planet to destroy the entire planet. Now, this might not be true because of the way technology usually evolves in ways to counter-act some of the devastating consequences it might have, but let's assume this will not be the case for some technologies.

At some point we might be so technologically sophisticated that everyone will have a device to create anything they please on a molecular level, with the help of some sort of sophisticated AI that aids in the creation. This means anyone in their future-version of a garage will be able to build weapons of mass destructions and release them. Maybe even self-replicating weapons of mass destruction.

Once that kind of critical technological development is achieved, it will require every single actor within that space to have almost no margin for error in regards to the functionality of their behavior. Psychopathy cannot exist in such a world, nor the deep selfishness that most humans display today.

Everyone will required to be a responsible, wise individual, to a degree that most of us today cannot even imagine. If we would be confronted with the challenges of that possible future today, we would go extinct, no question about it. These problems that we will face are monumental, they will require something beyond a human to solve. And chances are, by that time something beyond a human will exist. Something that is not limited by the evolutionary legacy that keeps us so bound to our old ways.

Self-replicating nanobots that consume all organic matter, star-destroying weapons of mass destruction, means of travel that bend space and gravity to our will, all of these problems are too monumental for us to face right now. But one day, when we are mature enough, we might be able to face them, or we will develope past a critical mass which will ensure that these problems will never even occur, or be realistic threats, because we have grown so much by that time.

So to put in in perspective, the challenges we face today are really just child's play. We are expected to overcome them, because if we do not, we cannot stand a chance against what awaits us in the future.

Glory to Israel

CRISPR technology has been out and been accessible for a while now so I'm not concerned. Even better, whatever happens is meant to happen in the grand scheme of things. I believe ultimately everything will work out in the end. Do I believe humanity will almost wipe themselves out? Absolutely. But emphasis on almost, I think that will be what it takes for us to awaken collectively and join the other intelligent species in the Universe who are watching us and to connect with them.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Scholar I like your hyped up vibe, thats the kind of energy  what we need to face with these issues. The vibe what you give through the screen is actually motivating.

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

Once that kind of critical technological development is achieved, it will require every single actor within that space to have almost no margin for error in regards to the functionality of their behavior. Psychopathy cannot exist in such a world, nor the deep selfishness that most humans display today.

Kind of unrelated to this thread, but this is exactly why i think if aliens will manage to visit us (assuming they haven't already), they will have to be really developed not just technologically, but spiritually too, because after a certain level of technological development, your species won't be able to survive if they don't wise up.

Edited by zurew

22 hours ago, Scholar said:

It's a profound little book on sociology/political theory called "Finite and Infinite Games." The main point is that there are finite games, in which the goal is to win and end the game, and the infinite game, in which the only goal is to keep playing it. This was one of the most paradigm-shifting and enjoyable books I've ever read.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

what will happen in the world? perhaps something revolutionary, or terrible. Or both.

I try to give my all, do what I love, enjoy life, and go deeper than I can. What am I going to do, if I'm just a cell? If the world burns, I will sit and watch it with interest. I'll try to survive as long as I can and then I'll die. it will be fun for sure.

But i bet that the path is towards more love between humans. It is very difficult and it will not be fast, since we are beings made of fear, but I think there is a positive progression

That's why you prioritise doing what is in line with your values.

The world changes, but there will always be a way you can express yourself via a values aligned LP

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback