The Mystical Man

Better Call Saul & Breaking Bad

8 posts in this topic

All caught up with Better Call Saul. It's boring sometimes, but still well-written, acted, and directed. If you haven't watched Breaking Bad yet, you're lucky, because you can watch BCS first, and I think that would make both shows more rewarding.

Better-call-saul-ending-breaking-bad-.jp

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Yeah I also thought it might be better to watch Better Call Saul first, atleast Better Call Saul will likely be a better, more exciting show like this. But it might be the case Breaking Bad is a bit more exciting if you don't know anything about Saul, Mike, etc. before watching Breaking Bad. 

So personally I would probably prefer watching Breaking Bad first just because I love that show so godamn much that I want the best experience of it, as it was originally intended. Breaking Bad is my second favourite show of all time, only surpassed by Twin Peaks.

I love Better Call Saul too. But I do agree it's a bit boring at times, imo it's not quite in the same league as Breaking Bad. But it's still very much a worthwhile watch, it is a great show and it's peak moments are really high. Fun to see more people enjoying these series on here.

On 05/08/2022 at 10:30 PM, Asayake said:

Yeah I also thought it might be better to watch Better Call Saul first, atleast Better Call Saul will likely be a better, more exciting show like this. But it might be the case Breaking Bad is a bit more exciting if you don't know anything about Saul, Mike, etc. before watching Breaking Bad. 

So personally I would probably prefer watching Breaking Bad first just because I love that show so godamn much that I want the best experience of it, as it was originally intended. Breaking Bad is my second favourite show of all time, only surpassed by Twin Peaks.

I love Better Call Saul too. But I do agree it's a bit boring at times, imo it's not quite in the same league as Breaking Bad. But it's still very much a worthwhile watch, it is a great show and it's peak moments are really high. Fun to see more people enjoying these series on here.

I'd recommend BB first.  BCS is really good, and far from boring, but it rides off the success of BB.

BB is second only to GoT.  2nd best TV show ever made.

It was all an episode of Malcom in the Middle

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

FaNPYgHXEAMNxdA?format=jpg&name=large

I'll miss this show. The quality of writing, directing, and acting is very high. It's probably the best show that was made after the Golden Age of Television. According to Wikipedia, the Golden Age of TV is still ongoing, but I disagree. I think it lasted for only ten years.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

The finale is amazing. Great drama, very poetic, lots of parallels. 

dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf88

im not in to series usually but BCS is amazing, 1 of my fav shows after BB. cant recommend it highly enough. 

I felt the last season as a whole was a bit underwhelming, but that's when comparing it to BB standards. However, I think the finale was great. As you said @The Mystical Man, very poetic ending. Lots of callbacks to characteristic moments of the show. Felt like a satisfying good bye to the Breaking Bad universe. Can't wait to see what Vince G and his crew cooks up next ^_^