Ina

Shock treatment for depression

7 posts in this topic

Hi. I wonder if somebody here came across some legit sources talking about shock treatment for depression.

My friend is about to try it due to very bad depression and he says it is his last chance to deal with that problem, tried meds ect. He has very poor diet, maybe I should start cooking for him :(

He haven't tried physiotherapy yet and I want to persuade him, but I worry he will still try shock treatment.

16 hours ago, Ina said:

He has very poor diet, maybe I should start cooking for him :(

This needs to be looked into. Depression can be associated with nutritional deficiencies and a poor diet can make it significantly worse. 

Shock therapy can be effective for non-remitting depression but it may not address the root cause if the root cause is either lifestyle or deeply rooted trauma, abandonment or feeling lost in life. 

Whatever the cause is, they should work with someone to identify it and remedy. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Do a workout for a month, then see if something changes

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Do not do it until he exhausts all other options 

tell him to make sure he isn’t low testosterone or low vitamin D

tell him to read the ultramind solution or try DNA fit

Barbaric

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Never tried it.. has he talked to a therapist or hotline? 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Most people really assume depression is something they'll fix with a diet or treatment or routine, you may spend a few years in that loophole of externalized western problem solving conditioning.

The truth about most cases depression is when you make life about the concept of yourself and the extent in which you get suffocated in your own limiting beliefs and fall into a stuckness or a kind of pattern of life where there is spontaneous activity, no expanse of exploration or creativity and you naturally become depressed and more and more dead inside

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me