Electron

The Most Courageous Thing You Have Done??

10 posts in this topic

Here is mine :

One day while I was running in my college campus early in the morning I heard some strange noises. I suddenly became very alert because it sounded like some strange animal. My heart started beating faster but I kept running. I meditated just before that so I was very calm. Suddenly from nowhere a wild dog came rushing towards me grunting and barking. I was afraid but I wasn't able to identify with my fear completely because of the after effects of meditation. I didn't feel like freaking out and I didn't really want to. In my minds eye I could see that just in few moments I am gonna feel a lot of pain and I surrendered to that future completely. I was ready to get bitten by that dog. I closed my eyes and allowed things to manifest as they wanted. I could hear the dog approaching near but then suddenly he stopped, stayed there a bit and went away. It was as if he just wanted me to surrender. 

What's the bravest thing you have ever done?

Mine isn't very heroic but I very clearly remember the day. I was hosting the farewell of our seniors and there were more than thousand individuals, all from different schools including our chairman and some international delegates. I had stage fear back then. I had a small bible reading and the verse was literally drilled in my head but when it was my turn, I completely went blank. My legs were shaking and I knew that I was about to puke, right there. Everyone was staring at me and more than anything I was shocked. My teacher quickly hinted me and I made it somehow. But the next few minutes in the washroom were the worst few minutes of my life. I was puking and was experiencing almost phsical pain.  For a girl with high stage fear and self esteem issues and also someone who constantly idolise that 'I don't make mistakes or mistakes are bad' , yea it was a big deal. But then I realised I had my hosting to complete. The teacher was calling me and there I was, sitting on the floor, crying. I already had esteem issues and the incident had terrified me to the core and I didn't wanted to go back on the stage facing the same people. 

But then, I don't know how and from where, something clicked in me, almost naturally and I collected myself, took a deep breath, washed my face and decided to complete my work. I still remember I wasn't thinking anything, my mind was empty and I don't remember feeling anything. I was just waiting for my turn. I went on the stage WITHOUT THE MUCH NEEDED SCRIPT, and completed my hosting. I did it anyway. And I think I did a fairly good job. even after completing the hosting I wasn't thinking anything. I was..at peace. I didn't talk or think. I was just, at peace.

The incident taught me quite a lot about myself and has only given me more confidence. Doesn't sound very heroic but it was indeed, one for me.

Edited by Vaishnavi

I did help 3 people from droning and those were intense moments of my life. gratitude for life can be achieving 

22 minutes ago, SLICKHAWK said:

I did help 3 people from droning and those were intense moments of my life. gratitude for life can be achieving

Sorry I couldn't stop..........................

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I once road my bike 300 miles for a charity. I raised a lot of money for kids. It took 33 hours. It may not seem courageous, but, give it a try. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't recall anything brave... but I think i once stopped a group fight by calling the teacher