eTorro

Anxiety After Enlightenment

4 posts in this topic

Hello.

In the past four years, I've managed to increase the level of my awareness to the point of seeing clearly how thoughts and emotions work.

The only issue is that I have egoic leftovers that don't seem to go away — when I'm talking to a person, I'm getting anxious and a little bit awkward.

It means that I still have social anxiety, right?

I've been letting go of anxiety lately. The only issue is that it still persists. I can't find a way of relinquishing my social anxiety issue completely.

I was approached by a beautiful woman today, I and in an instant, I saw myself anxious — it was like a fight or flight response. I wasn't able to control it.

Why am I still socially anxious after years of meditation? I've been letting go of anxiety for almost three years now.

Any thoughts?

Because you are still in mental prison but view is better 

You dont see how it works thats prison keeping you in prison...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

2 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Because you are still in mental prison but view is better 

You dont see how it works thats prison keeping you in prison...

^ What he said. Meditation is all about observation. Remember you don't resist your thoughts or emotions, you just observe.

So when you feel anxious...GREAT. Observe it, submit to it, just sit in that emotion and observe it. Notice...its not you. As you observe it...you will be able to notice its just some conditioned response, then say in your mind "That is not me." It will slowly fall away, next some thoughts will arise to replace that feeling trying to bring it back, do the same thing with those thoughts, keep doing this till nothing is left. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.