Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trond

Being Authentic

6 posts in this topic

Why does it feel so good to be authentic? 

I've always been the one that was different in my group of friends, but when I started this spiritual journey I started feel a lot more happy with myself. With just being the way I am. Used to have a hard time telling people "no" if I was asked to join them for drinks or the club, when I really didn't want to. 

But now it's like I just follow the instant feeling that comes after someone asks that, or anything else for that matter. And it just feels great to answer "no", because I don't want to do what they ask. It's like telling the truth when you've been holding in a lie for a time. It's that relief, like a burden has been lifted off your shoulders. 

This goes for every situation. Not just to "no", but also when I really want something. It just feels so good to say "yes" when I do want to do whatever I'm being asked.

Is this because I'm simply telling the truth? I'm being true to who I am? 

And am I still lying to myself, but not aware of it? 

Anyone have similar experiences and want to share some insights and thoughts here?

Would love to hear what you think :) 

PS: And yes, I know "I" don't really exist. Just curious other what you think of this in relation to Enlightenment/Truth/Ego.

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

@Tronds World  I totally agree....at the same time in western culture, there is a lot of selfishness and lack of community spirit as well...I feel we should also take that into consideration...When do we really "feel like" helping our friend move that cumbersome couch, etc...maybe some of us like helping sometimes....but many of us are out of touch with the joy of compassionate assistance...many people would need to be bribed with "beer and pizza" in this culture to move that couch....I am often in the opposite category where I give too much...still, it is easy for us to go in the selfish direction and say "no" too often, out of laziness etc...Saying "no" to all of that intoxication, crappy culture, and shitty club music, you mentioned, fair enough....as long as we remember to say "yes" to actually leaving our little sanctuaries for a different type of fun-night-out sometimes too....saying "no" to friends that want too much from us, good idea....as long as we say "yes" often enough to truly help others in need as well....

4 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Tronds World  I totally agree....at the same time in western culture, there is a lot of selfishness and lack of community spirit as well...I feel we should also take that into consideration...When do we really "feel like" helping our friend move that cumbersome couch, etc...maybe some of us like helping sometimes....but many of us are out of touch with the joy of compassionate assistance...many people would need to be bribed with "beer and pizza" in this culture to move that couch....I am often in the opposite category where I give too much...still, it is easy for us to go in the selfish direction and say "no" too often, out of laziness etc...Saying "no" to all of that intoxication, crappy culture, and shitty club music, you mentioned, fair enough....as long as we remember to say "yes" to actually leaving our little sanctuaries for a different type of fun-night-out sometimes too....saying "no" to friends that want too much from us, good idea....as long as we say "yes" often enough to truly help others in need as well....

Yes, completely agree with you! Maybe it came across like I'm saying "no" most of the time, and maybe I am, but that doesn't really bother me. 

Because when I do feel that I want to go out with friends, be with them, help them etc. I really do and that feels great. It was more that I wanted to get across. That in every situation it just feels great to be able to answer truthfully. 

Thanks for you answer :) 

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

My grandmother taught me that real friends help each other, fake friends are only there for the fun parts.

Thats how to recognise true friend, if they say no to parties,  but say yes to help "move the couch".

Its very important to be able to say no in order to have a simple lifestyle and have time for what trully matters.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Well, I see authenticity as being in harmony with our body's reactions to the world. And the cool thing about authenticity is the more you are in tune with how you feel about things, the more in tune your body will be with feeling what you choose to think about.

Authenticity increases your sensitivity towards your chemistry with things and the quality of that signal or it's fidelity increases because your response to those signals of chemistry aren't being distorted or twisted. This has a huge effect on things within our subconscious, which includes automated functions, because authenticity and trust are partial gate-keepers to deeper and deeper levels of internalization within our body and the consequent functions and emotional spaces that reside there and are "locked" for lack of a better word for our own protection (because humans are not all that developed and would destroy the fragility of those spaces if given free access).

Authenticity = In Harmony with Universal Flow

B R E A T H E