thenondualtankie

Afraid to take psychedelics - MDMA a good option?

6 posts in this topic

I decided yesterday that I'd take a tab and a half of LSD today, but I started feeling a sort of existential dread that I knew I'm not ready to face yet.

My intention was to face some of my survival oriented fears, especially regarding the opposite sex. It was also to try and get out of this rut that I've been in for a few months now. I feel that I'm not progressing enough in life, and that I'm not taking enough action. But the thing is that I simply cannot bring myself to take action. For example, I've been putting off approaching strangers for months now, even though I have reason to believe it'll improve my social skills and status.

I also neglected other survival aspects of my life (e.g. driving license, getting part-time job, summer project for uni), which I was meant to address this summer. I just really feel that I'm in a rut.

Thing is my intuition is never for psychedelics. I decide that I want to take psychedelics, but my intuition always tells me I shouldn't. It tells me that an existential fear will come up, that I am not yet ready to face. It's something I need to face after I face survival-oriented fears first.

Should I take MDMA instead? Maybe this is a better tool to face social related fears, or maybe even survival related fears in general. Or should I just stick to taking LSD, with the intent of not delving too deep into the existential shit?

Apologies if this post is rambly and disorganised.

Maybe you need to talk to someone? It sounds like alot of pent up feelings to me... Sometimes it helps to just talk to someone (ie, therapist, a friend..). 

Psychedelics can be crazy powerful I would do low dose to start. And I didn't touch it until I was done with therapy and self healing, deconstructing etc..but everyone has different comfort zones.

Some people combine psyc with therapy..

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Mdma is not an opinion to know psychedelics. Forget it. 

Start with allad. You would be the first in this world if you experience something bad

@thenondualtankie Personally I wouldn't recommend LSD for a first trip because it lasts so long. My recommendation for a first trip is always a low dose of mushrooms. 

Just start with a very low dose so you get a taste of the psychedelic mind/feeling space, but you've still got one foot in reality.

Make sure your setting is 10/10 and that you are certain no one will disturb you. Surrender to the experience, and if you get into a tricky situation, you're moving into a bad state, then focus on relaxing the body. Breath, relax and put your attention on the body. Ground yourself in the body.

MDMA is not really a psychedelic. It's a stimulant which can induce mystical experiences but very unlikely if it's your first time. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Sorry this post was written extremely sloppily. I have around 15-20 trips in my belt. It's just that based on my latest trips, which have all been unnecessarily challenging, I feel that psychedelics are making me face existential fears that I'm not ready to face.

My options right now are:

- Stick to "manual" spiritual practices i.e. meditate for a really fucking long time.

- Stick to LSD/psychedelics but at relatively low doses (~1 tab), merely as a supplement for my manual practices.

- Still considering MDMA tbh, I actually have some