WisdomSeeker

This is who our society holds up as highly developed humans?

7 posts in this topic

People say Elon is very intelligent, a strategic thinker, a hard worker, etc. I don't know if anybody holds him up as highly developed, whatever that means.

How many of us, if faced with practically unlimited power, money, and the ability to sleep with other billionaire's trophy wives, wouldn't succumb to the temptation?

You're lucky if the worst someone like Elon Musk is doing is having consensual sex with other adults. He could be going to Epstein island, making a sex cult, or creating his own private military to take over a small island country and install himself as dictator.

Why are you trying to hold ordinary business people to unrealistically high standards? Nobody holds Elon Musk up, he lifted himself up.

Edited by Yarco

5 hours ago, Yarco said:

"I don't know if anybody holds him up as highly developed, whatever that means."

@YarcoAccording to capitalism and modern US standards, Elon Musk is regarded as highly developed.

"How many of us, if faced with practically unlimited power, money, and the ability to sleep with other billionaire's trophy wives, wouldn't succumb to the temptation?" 

To even want to put yourself in such a position, you'd have to be at a certain level of consciousness (I'd prefer being at a higher level in my opinion). You certainly do a lot of justifying for Musk.  Guys like Thich Nhat Hanh for example could have turned Plum Village into a cult of any kind if he wanted to. He didn't. That's a highly developed human being. 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

19 hours ago, WisdomSeeker said:

To even want to put yourself in such a position, you'd have to be at a certain level of consciousness (I'd prefer being at a higher level in my opinion).

90% of people aren't at a higher level of consciousness and never will be. Only 10% of people in the world are spiral dynamics stage yellow, and even the majority of those aren't enlightened/awakened.

90% of people will be corrupt devils if you give them near-unlimited power. Elon Musk isn't a perfect role model, but he's a good enough role model for the era he lives in.

I'm not above it. I know I'd do horrible things with that amount of money and power. The temptation is way too great. Hell, most people would do horrible things even if you just made them the admin of a large Discord server.

Elon already said this is fake and they are still friends and he barely knows his wife 

Why does any of this matter? 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I see it more of a reflection on how we worship money and those who have it.