Phil777

When are we getting an update to the booklist?

29 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Kamo said:

There is so many books on there there is no way he needs to update it. Its going to take years to finished all of them. You can resort to the High consciousness resources section of the forum for more books.

But 90 percent of them don't resonate. So that cuts down the selection.

On 15.7.2022 at 3:54 PM, Bojan V said:

@Phil777

140 books? Wow, that's a lot. Do you read them one after the other or several of them at the same time?

Generally I read many at the same time. I have like 10 books open and go by intuition which one to continue reading or listening to. I pair this with choosing one particular book in each field to focus on most.

There is delegate balance to be striken as dispersing your efforts too much can lead to shallow understanding and a lack of focus whereas focusing on one book at the same time can lead to the same thing. I often find that if I stop reading a book, focus on others and come back, that the knowledge gained in others helps me better understand the next sections. I also find that it more often synchronistically applies to my current situation, if I am in tune with this intuitive capacity to know what to focus on at any given moment.

If it's content that requires a lot of focus and processing, I take my time in order to integrate what to read, inching forward day by day. If it's more easily digestible I am inclined to go and finish it fast to have that task closed so to say (nothing worse than having too many tabs in a browser open lol). 

Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, Phil777 said:

But 90 percent of them don't resonate. So that cuts down the selection.

Totally understand. Well you can move to taking action on the books you learned so far. You worked many hours on "theory" now implement "practice" and focus on that for awhile if you want. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

22 hours ago, Kamo said:

Totally understand. Well you can move to taking action on the books you learned so far. You worked many hours on "theory" now implement "practice" and focus on that for awhile if you want. 

Good call. That's exactly what I am doing :)

There will come a point in your development where you must put away the books like a child puts away his toys, and interface with God directly.

Why go to a middleman when you can go to the source?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There will come a point in your development where you must put away the books like a child puts away his toys, and interface with God directly.

Fully agree from an enlightenment perspective, but enlightenment is only one part of the book list. Surely there's still value to be had from books concerning history, psychology, social dynamics, art, business, etc.? I think a lot of people respect your opinion on worthwhile books outside of enlightenment. But if that's not your focus right now that's totally understandable :)

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because the principle is that even though your Mind is infinite, by a relative sense your mind is hopelessly finite, so you must reach out for sources of information not already formulated. There are people that will articulate the same type of knowledge but with more detail and in fashions you wouldn't otherwise think of / conclude / develop by yourself. The classic example we've already established was Aurobindo and how his writing is "so, so dense" and such.

5 hours ago, B3N said:

Fully agree from an enlightenment perspective, but enlightenment is only one part of the book list. Surely there's still value to be had from books concerning history, psychology, social dynamics, art, business, etc.? I think a lot of people respect your opinion on worthwhile books outside of enlightenment. But if that's not your focus right now that's totally understandable :)

If you need to learn something practical, sure.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This might be of interest to the students of books.