alyra

Songs, Film, Other Media That Means Something Different?

14 posts in this topic

are there any old favorites of yours that - whether it was intended or not - after you became more aware/conscious and self-actualized, grew a new meaning for you?

I am listening to a song I've always loved the sound of, Schism by Tool, and while I wouldn't necessarily say the song is about a low-consciousness enlightenment experience regarding how communication does not actually transfer understanding, it's still makes me smile a little as I project that meaning onto the lyrics anyway lol. 

so - curious if anyone else has found this, with songs, film, novels, poetry, and any other form of media - that after you became more aware, instead of most of these forms of media seeming kind of low-level and a little less exciting, that they reveal a new, possibly unintended, or even if we're lucky a hidden intended meaning, which is of a higher level of awareness than initially noticed?

OMG this is one of my favorite topics!!!

Time to pretend, by MGMT.

Almost any Cat Stevens song.

Lazy Eye by The Silversun Pickups

Madness, by Muse.

Bob Dylan - Like a rolling stone. For me, this one is the most amazing example because I realized he is talking from the perspective of the non physical asking the physical experiencer -  How does it feel?

Stillness Speaks, Elkhart Tolle has done this at least 3 times for me. 

Ave Maria - I like Chris Cornell's cover.

Sounds of Silence - I like Disturbed's cover.

Writing things that I'm learning and discovering on my chalkboard painted wall does this in a way I never would have known. When I see, on the wall, what I learned or thought about yesterday or a few days ago, I realize an extent to which it digested. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

xD lazy eye has been my favorite song by Silversun for a long time. but I haven't given it a listen in a few months. wow! it's like, it's convincingly so aligned too! makes me wonder!

Lazy Eye rocks!

So much wisdom. "So clear but so unheard"

"And this real, it's impossible if possible, at who's blind word?"

@ajasatya Now that is a supremely good album!

@Phil M M M M Maaaaaaaadness :)

This version of The Count of Monte Cristo always inspires me. This version of the movie places great value on personal development which is potrayed in student - teacher relationship between Edmond and Abbe Faria

@Phil English is not my first languge so I do not concentrace much on the lyrics. Today when I payed more attention first thing that popped in my mind is that song speaks about getting an "insight".

Just realized I forgot to set link for Monte Cristo movie in last post, so here it is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245844/?ref_=nv_sr_1

@Morten thanks for weighin in. i think the song is about a specific relationship for him but is also written in a way that takes me back to when i started to understand women.  their wants and needs 

@Phil I think you are right. He got an "insight" and started to better understand women :)

"Insigt" is like an "A-ha" moment, after that everything becomes much clearer to you. We are all looking for those "A-ha" moments in every aspect of our life. It is a deep understanding of a particular matter which has a very satisfying effect :)

Yeah this was my fave album and it's changed it's meaning quite a lot.  Used to listen to it all the time, while relating to the songs within feelings in myself, and now not so much myself anymore.  And the lyrics are more beautiful now.

And this one really reminds me of a bat's echolocation.  Like, weaving an entire world of sound - silver tipped shadows that flicker like pieces of straw, dipped in emerald greens and royal purple, expanding outwards from it's mouth, with the shapes evolving as the sound continuously expands from that single point, kind of like some funky evolution diagram.  If you could picture it, from the bat's POV, it would kind of flow with the melody.  Could be an idea for a music video..

Edited by Whywolf

Ayyyyy I see you with the Fire Emblem profile picture haha! ;) 

I always wondered about this and it's actually one of the reasons I want to be enlightened. To be able to take massive joy from seemingly innocuous sources.