Extreme Z7

Upgrading To The Maximum Level In Life

357 posts in this topic

<10-26-2016>
Enjoying My Own Self-Created Suffering

Stumbling around the forums again and this time I kept bumping around some advice involving being kind to yourself on your self-actualization journey. Hating your own flaws and ego is, ironically, itself ego. My intuition is telling me that's all I need to enjoy life but it's also telling me that it's still critical to strategize my way to a different lifestyle. Currently, my environment, my social relationships, my duties, and even my own psyche are far too toxic to live a truly amazing and creative lifestyle. I'm beginning to real gain a grip on my life purpose too, but I feel like I've made good progress only on the foundations. Doing all this is extremely tough, extremely emotionally tasking, and I have to love it. I have no choice really, not fully accepting my suffering means that I'm going to avoid it, and I can't beat it as long as I do so.

<10-28-2016>
Walking And Seeing The Miles Ahead

Had to calm myself down again and remind myself to be extremely patient with my results today. I experience this everyday but I had a particularly strong fit today because I reflected on all the creative work I've done so far but contrasted it with the very little success and recognition I've had so far. I had to remind myself at just how little work I've actually done despite how much I've made and am not even a kilometer near fulfilling my life purpose. I'm pretty excited for 2017, though. Because I've been planning some big life changes when I get the chance and 2017 seems have the perfect times to implement them. Right now, I'm still bogged down by many obligations and projects that are eating up my time. I unwittingly fell into the trap I'm in noe because of lack of foresight. I hope that I won't make the same mistakes or at least fail at a lesser degree on the coming year.

<10-30-2016>
Not All Cravings Are Bad

I want to write about cravings today. I've come to a realization today that just having cravings is not inherently bad. Especially if you do consciousness work and have some level of mindfulness, they aren't going to hurt you that much. What's bad are just cravings for the wrong things. For example, no matter how good you moderate, smoking is still going to have an adverse effect on ones life and it must simply be dropped. Not because having the craving must be shamed but simply because it is not conducive to someone's well-being in life. Moderation is only good when the habit has some benefits to be had but can be counter-productive when taken too seriously or had too much. Like say, entertainment or even personal development content.

That's all for today. Be back again, tomorrow.

<10-02-2016>
Getting Lost In Distraction

Got lost in a party. I need to focus. Future depends on it.

:S

I need to sleep.

<10-03-2016>
Still Moving On Despite Feeling Shitty

What gloomy weather I'm having over here. I always feel awful whenever cold weather comes along. I tend to become more anxious too. Still, it's no reason to discontinue my habits for a day or for however long the weather lasts. Today, I mostly did studying for academic life. But I also spent about an hour each on my 3 major habits I have at the moment, Meditation, Drawing, and Personal Indie Game Project work. I want to be able to spend more time on personal development reading but my academic studies are eating up a lot of my time. Maybe when this semester ends, I'll have more time to catch up on what the gurus read for a living.

<10-04-2016>
Workaholism Strikes Again

I've gotten into a neurotic obsessive productivity phase again where I keep pushing myself to work on an agenda every day with little time to contemplate life. I'm doing it right now because its nearing the end of the college semester for me again and I'm rushing to get everything done. I sure hope this isn't going to create any detrimental long term effects for me but it surely is putting me down in the short term. I sometimes look down on people who have productivity issues and have difficulty putting themselves into action but I've found that workaholism can be just as bad.

<10-05-2016>
Striving to Become More Creative. . . Is Impossible For Me Right Now

I want to become successfully creative before I die. It is one of my main goals in life. But I also want food to eat and a house to live in. So its difficult for me right now because I still have college work that is eating up a lot of my daily time and effort and its making it really difficult to spend the required amount of daily focus to achieve mastery in any field. I can't just drop my college work, I have to see to it that it's done. I'm not sure if I should be pursuing a riskier strategy but right now, I can't seem to see in myself the emotional passion to really pursue my life purpose as a main driver for waking up in the morning. And you know what? It doesn't feel good. Still, I hold a very dear virtue of patience. patience patience PATIENCE. The time will come when I get the time to even just work on my small motivation issue. I have the will to keep a daily habit and I have been keeping my creative practice consistent for about two months now. Still, I don't think I'm operating at the right amount of effectiveness to really see massive gains within a few months. I've certainly improved but I could become far more, far quicker.

@John Flores Thanks. I've had thoughts of stopping it sometimes and even have missed a few days recently simply because I keep falling into laziness and "I'll just do it tomorrow" syndrome. I can't really find high motivation to write about my personal development but I guess I should just stop pressuring myself too much and just write for the fun of it.

<10-06-2016>
Digesting Leo's Culture Rant Episode

Another profound video by Leo as always. I find that culture has been a massive limiter in my life especially in my childhood. I've only started pursuing my life purpose seriously last year while in college where many people I see pursuing their creative dreams started at high school or sometimes even middle school or younger! When I think about it, I don't have myself fully to blame, the culture I grew up in as a kid was not conducive to creative energy. Nobody I knew when I was a kid was pursuing creative goals. Of course, I liked my video games and cartoons but it never occurred to me of considering a lifestyle path of actually developing the skills needed to produce artistic products. When I was in high school, I started having dreams and ideas on different games and cartoons that would be fun to play and watch. But did I really think about a future of creating art? No. I was so naive that I thought it was perfectly fine to have these dreams but instead spend the majority of my time distracting myself.

Of course, this is not to say that I should not hold 100% responsibility over what I create in my life despite a huge factor of my lack of growth in my past has been external. Because you know what? I'm going to be 20 years old next year. I still have plenty of time. Assuming I live to 80, I've got 60 years worth of time I could put to good use. I should probably be happy I'm not having the life shift I'm having right now in my 40's. That's a pretty scary thought for me.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go play some video games. :P

. . . .

. . . What? ¬¬

Hey, I worked hard today. I even practiced art some more as I do daily. Here take a look:
Tesse_Copy_x4.png

I am just taking a break. See you tomorrow. ^_^

Edited by Extreme Z7

On 2-11-2016 at 3:22 PM, Extreme Z7 said:

Got lost in a party. I need to focus. Future depends on it.

Hahaha nice, Yoda like sentence it made me laugh. I see the resemblance in my posts when I come back from a party.

<10-07-2016>
Spent 3 Hours On A New Avatar

I'm late with today's entry again. Ironically, it's not because I felt lazy but the opposite. I spend about three hours working on a pixel art animation for fun. 16 frames of crazy cartoon coolness. . .

preview.png

almost_done.png

Kranky_Rotating_x2_square.gif

Its fun to think about the fact that I just made this for fun. I'm aiming to become a professional artist. I'm excited to think about the stuff I can create as I grow my skills over the period of years. ^_^

I haven't even bought Leo's life purpose course yet. . . the things in life that may be possible. . .

But this is just dreaming. . . I've got more work to do. See you tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I haven't even bought Leo's life purpose course yet. . . the things in life that may be possible. . .

Buy the course! I could see how much more progress you could make with the knowledge Leo provides there.

This animation looks fun :D

<10-08-2016>
Can't Think Of A Topic Today

I did not really think about much today. I even dozed off while reading a book on my bed at one point. It was just such an uneventful day. Quite pleasant, though. I'm not saying this day was bad and I hated it. Just that not much happened. I still did my daily routine, though. Meditation + Life Purpose Work + Education. Other than that, nothing special.

I'm going to go play some video games.

<11-10-2016>
Emotional Crutches and How Things Have To Get Worse Before They get Better

This idea of things getting worse before they get better still hurts my ego a lot. I a struggle with a personal development obstacle that I'm sure a majority of other people with personal development habits also do, which are emotional crutches. For me, I commonly use various forms of entertainment as a means to hide from my problems of fear and anxiety. I really want to put in the effort to remove all carnal cravings and aim straight for my life purpose and enlightenment but the difficulty is just far too strong. I surely hope that awareness really is curative because that's all I've got right now.

Be fucking patient, I tell myself everyday. You can see how my daily life has been affected by Leo's content. As I continually work on my consciousness and emotional crutches, I begin to get a sense of what true misery really is and why so many people in the world are not happy. Simply because life transformation takes time and most people are not willing to actively enter long periods of high difficulty to achieve growth.

On a positive note, I'm working on another comic strip. It's been a while since I've made one and I've been itching for a while to get back to it. Probably should focus more on them because they are really fun to make.

On a negative note, I noticed that I've accidentally been placing 10 instead of 11 on the month section of the dates on my past few journal entries. Not a big deal but kind of lame, really.

Edited by Extreme Z7

<11-11-2016>
So Busy Today, Here's The Comic I Promised Yesterday

CCF11112016_00003.png

Edited by Extreme Z7

<11-12-2016>
Busy Again Today

Did a lot of non-personal development work today. Mostly college work but I did work on my life purpose. I drew a new comic which I will be uploading tomorrow. I also managed to get some reading done today. I don't really have much interest to talk about anything else. That's all for today.

<11-13-2016> - <11-14-2016>
Short Creativity Burst

I came up with ideas for 4 new comics over the course of 2 days. They took 3 days to draw. I'm quite proud of them considering that this is probably were my life purpose journey is heading. Check them out below, let me know what you think.

CCF11152016_00000.png

CCF11152016_00001.png

CCF11152016_00002.png

CCF11152016_00003.png

I haven't gotten much feedback from them yet as the series isn't very popular. Weirdly enough, I get more feedback from the still-life drawings I upload as practice. It's kind of annoying actually considering the cartoons are the ones that I put passion in. But I think it's better for me to just move on, keep practicing and growing my skills in order to radically change my life. But at the same time, keep accepting reality and the present moment, that's important too.

@Extreme Z7

Dude, these drawings are awesome. They’re pretty funny. :D

I like how you segment different philosphical concepts into each story.

I secretly wanted to be a comic book artist when I was a kid because of Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Waterson (thats where my dp comes from). Here is a good video essay on his work, maybe you can get some inspiration from it.

Post more man.