Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
patricknotstar

messing up with new gf

5 posts in this topic

A while ago I made a post about a girl I met abroad and how we started talking. Well eventually I started meeting her and we became exclusive and eventually it came time to meet her cousins and siblings. I completely botched the interaction , I got drunk and was extremely rude and acted stupid. She still talks to me , but i'm afraid this could be the end. I called her sister and apologized. What can I do to show her this isn't me, I really like her. Our relationship was going perfect we had already posted eachother on our instas to show everyone we were together and things were pretty serious, but my lack of social skills combined with a lot  alcohol and I left a terrible impression on her family. Idk what I can do to remedy this especially given the distance as i'm back home now and she's long distance and I won't see her for another month when she flys to meet me.

You got plastered when you decided to introduce yourself to her family? Thats funny, apologizing is the first step in fixing anything the next might be addressing your potential alcohol problem.

@patricknotstar Your best bet is to have an honest conversation with her where you express your genuine regret over your behavior and tell her how you will make sure that doesn't happen again in the future and how you will smooth thing over with her family in the future.

You can make this a good self-growth opportunity. It's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hi my name is Arcangelo and I am an alcoholic.

I have been sober for 10 years and 6 months.

@patricknotstar  Remain grounded.

Like Leo said, have the conversation where you express regret and convince her you won't let it happen again.

But from there, that's all you can do.

Don't remain in that apologetic state unless she brings it up again.

If you keep beating yourself up over it, you will just make her uncomfortable with you because you aren't grounded in your masculine power.

The healthy masculine makes mistakes, fixes them as best he can, and then moves on with a clean conscience, looking forward to making more mistakes, trusting that the right people will forgive and still trust him. He doesn't get distracted and preoccupied with his own mistakes - that would take away his ability to serve the ones around him and give his deepest gift.

I can tell you're anxious about this and I would be too.

It's up to her now.

Forgive yourself.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/