Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proserpina

Improving concentration ability

7 posts in this topic

Any recommendations for improving concentration ability? 

I have chronic illness and it has affected my concentration ability and connection with spirit.  I used to have exceptional concentration ability and it ceased overnight. I often think God took it away from me because I relied on it so heavily during 'psychosis'. 

It's like I've lost my chaos like Yennefor. 

???????

A good way is to practice concentration meditation.  

Focus on your breath, or on being present or on any other thing and try to not lose focus.

You can practice this while sitting down as well as during daily activities. 

If your mind wanders all the time you can mentally chant "aware". The faster you chant, the easier it is to remain focused.

Toward the end of this post are more ways how to improve your concentration skill.

Instead of focusing on an object, just become interested in the object and hold the simple intention to emit joy upon recognizing your attention isn’t on the object. This associates ‘joy’ with ‘recognizing attention isn’t on the object,’ making it happen sooner and sooner after attention has been lost — closing the gap until no gap remains; attention never leaves the object unless you want it to. Then, further relax whatever can be relaxed, and further alert whatever can be alert.

Relax relax. Alert alert.

Don’t concentrate. Rather, collect; harmonize; enjoy.

Devise ways to enjoy the practice as much as possible. Curiously see just how enjoyable you can make it, to the point where it’s just ridiculous, and then keep going.

Edited by The0Self