Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

I want to be an illustrator, and create vision.

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jacobsrw said:

It’s probably more about the images implicitly conveying the ideas through their appearance. Although I would like to experiment and see what the balance would look like. Here’s an example of a recent custom digital art piece that I’m working, in progress. It’s called ‘Seeing into Myself’.

Mm I haven’t really considered graphic novels. That’s an idea..I think I’m far too slow in my drawing and the books would takes eons to complete haha

I’m interested to know will you be aiming to break into the illustration field through freelancing or some other business model avenue? 

735A565C-4444-4F5A-834A-B9FFD3144056.jpeg

DE60D47C-DBE9-404E-B2A8-66DC3DBF44CB.jpeg

This is good! I would advice you to remove the text though, even if it becomes less clear of what you want to convey. Let the image speak for itself, even if it is subject for misinterpretation. Stick with a title only.

2 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

This is good! I would advice you to remove the text though, even if it becomes less clear of what you want to convey. Let the image speak for itself, even if it is subject for misinterpretation. Stick with a title only.

Thanks!

Yeah this was also my thought too, it could be insinuating too much. This is still one of my early experiments. I plan to embed passages, single words or quotes throughout my art more subtly in coming work. Just trying to figure out that balance. 

Philosophical and spiritual writing is my other passion so I need to work out how I’ll integrate the two.

Edited by Jacobsrw

On 23/09/2022 at 8:13 PM, Danioover9000 said:

I'm not sure that I'd call what I did to myself as a constructed imaginary boundary, but I do have a timeline of myself, and I could see events going forward and backwards from this point, like a complex ruler that truncates in the past and in the future. So, this specific timeline, I see myself as a millionaire artist with lots of energy, confidence and proactivity, that is being an art director, or some other role in a studio making art. I was viewing each role in first person for a while, detailing those experiences, and I then switch to 3rd person viewing, increasing the distance and time from that ideal goal, to create motivations to bridge that gap from now to there. I don't see myself being an art director within 1-5 years, without behaving in manipulative and shady ways, but I see that if I kept on improving my skills, I would be closer to that in like 10-15 years later.

I'm an introvert, and leading people isn't my skillset, nor am I am interested in commanding around people. The image and other techniques generate motivation for me to keep on practicing art, ideally, I would be solo or freelance earning 6-7 figures.

I'm going to give you my read on it, and allow myself to be a little direct with you. You can disagree and that's perfectly fine:

1. The highlighted parts are what's really keeping you from being an art director. They are judgments/false beliefs, pieces of shadow, that need to be transcended for you to be what you envision yourself being. If you don't investigate and overcome these limiters, you will never be an art director.
  2. The 10-15 year timeframe is an illusion, you may as well say 'not'. People change so much in that time span that it's not realistic or useful to plan that far ahead. I think it's an unconscious smokescreen for a mindset block. You've got a reason for not going for it, and that reason will not be fixed by waiting 10 years. Only challenging your beliefs will help, and you may as well start now.

To unpack that:

• You're keeping a belief that the only way to move up quickly in the world is through shady and manipulative ways. There's plenty of evidence to the contrary, if you go find some and challenge this belief, you'll find the real fear that is fuelling it.
  • You'r keeping a belief that introverts can't lead people. Again, plenty of evidence to the contrary. I advise you to go find some, because if you keep believing that introverts are incompatible with leadership positions, you'll never get there.
  • You're keeping a belief that leaders 'command around people', in other words, you judge leadership. Same here: not true, but if you hang on to that and don't dismantle that belief, it's not that 10-15 years will change anything. Until you challenge this part.
  • Networking and contacts are blockers for you, I assume this relates to the 'introvert' thought. I can relate, I am also an introvert and don't like networking. Waiting 10-15 years will not magically change that. If this is a requirement for your dream, you should be networking and building contacts today. Anything else is procrastination.

;)

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy

7 hours ago, flowboy said:

I'm going to give you my read on it, and allow myself to be a little direct with you. You can disagree and that's perfectly fine:

1. The highlighted parts are what's really keeping you from being an art director. They are judgments/false beliefs, pieces of shadow, that need to be transcended for you to be what you envision yourself being. If you don't investigate and overcome these limiters, you will never be an art director.
  2. The 10-15 year timeframe is an illusion, you may as well say 'not'. People change so much in that time span that it's not realistic or useful to plan that far ahead. I think it's an unconscious smokescreen for a mindset block. You've got a reason for not going for it, and that reason will not be fixed by waiting 10 years. Only challenging your beliefs will help, and you may as well start now.

To unpack that:

• You're keeping a belief that the only way to move up quickly in the world is through shady and manipulative ways. There's plenty of evidence to the contrary, if you go find some and challenge this belief, you'll find the real fear that is fuelling it.
  • You'r keeping a belief that introverts can't lead people. Again, plenty of evidence to the contrary. I advise you to go find some, because if you keep believing that introverts are incompatible with leadership positions, you'll never get there.
  • You're keeping a belief that leaders 'command around people', in other words, you judge leadership. Same here: not true, but if you hang on to that and don't dismantle that belief, it's not that 10-15 years will change anything. Until you challenge this part.
  • Networking and contacts are blockers for you, I assume this relates to the 'introvert' thought. I can relate, I am also an introvert and don't like networking. Waiting 10-15 years will not magically change that. If this is a requirement for your dream, you should be networking and building contacts today. Anything else is procrastination.

;)

1. This is fine. I suspect that because the leadership position is newer to me, that'll make me way more controlling.

2. This is just how my mind constructs timelines; the bigger parts are how it mentally represents realities through my 6 modalities, each modality made up of sub-modalities that I can place my attention and modify such to see/hear/feel/smell/touch/emote a certain way. I can clearly see my past, present, somewhat my future. When I zoom in and focus on an ideal future outcome, those 5-10 years can feel like 6-12 months, or 1-7 days to me. Zooming out and other sub-modalities related to disassociation has almost the opposite effect to me, that I can view a scene in slow motion and make that 1 min feel like a week. I was contextualizing on being and becoming an Art Director, and that's an ideal to me. However, worst case scenario being that I won't ever achieve the Art Director position, that's fine to me, as long as I'm still able to draw and make art, and align that somehow with my career or job, that's fine too. Also, I'm recently playing around with making visual novels, and seeing if that could potentially be lucrative to me in the long run.

Addressing the bullet points:

1. Yes, I like to manipulate as it's a habit I picked from chess and other games I play, and still am working to unpack this.

2. Yes, a leadership role is more stressful to me. I can say that, because of 'teamwork' assignments I did in my schooling, it wasn't fun, and found that then the best way for me leading members of my team, is to smile, and clearly put them to their assigned tasks only, and don't bug me until it's finished or make more apparent my displeasure. Being part of a team is less stressful as I just do whatever tasks are given, and that gives me more breathing room. I'm just not the over achiever type of personality. My introversion is strongest the more people are involved.

3. I also don't have a positive view of salespeople and marketing, which could contribute to my negative view of networking and pitching. Yes, probably more limiting beliefs to unpack. 

Does anyone here have experience on the following art programs:

Clip Studios.

Procreate.

Art Rage.

Photoshop.

Ren pie visual novel program