Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Majed

Resources to work on the basics

6 posts in this topic

In his last video leo talked about focusing the basics and that he doesn’t cover the basics in enough details as some of his followers need, so basically i realized that before i tackle enlightenment and metaphysics or whatever i absolutely need to get the basics down. Do you have resources for that, like gurus, books, podcasts, on how to survive in the world. Lol the only education i have on this topic is: go to university and then get a job. The thing is i suck at the academics. I’m really not academically inclined and i don’t want to go to university. I’m 18, living with my parents, and living in a 3rd world country: lebanon.

my goal is to achieve autonomy (moving out of my parents house) and moving to a better country, a 1st world country. I want my work to be meaningful too, i’m drawn to music personally. Do yall know any resources which can help me figure out how to achieve autonomy and moving to a better country without getting into a university ? Thank you in advance :)

Owen Cook just put out a brand new free course , check a latest YouTube video for his Higher Purpose program, looks like 30-40 9 min vids  structured in order

Don't fall for the trap of letting your parents keep you there. You will be lazy and not really motivated, cuz they are providing for you.

Start hitting the gym , helps build that fire up... Check out Wim Hof breathing on YouTube , super powerful technique for really getting that inner fire going

Tom Bilyeu's Impact Theory channel..

He put out several videos around Spring that were like "get your shit together" kind of topics

Escaping Ordinary channel

The App called Optimize  (it has every category for personal development and sooo many books condensed to 10 min videos) 

Get around people that are autonomous and emulate them ...

Be sure to read a few books on money/wealth , get an understanding of how things basically work 

I'm finding myself returning to the basics that I have been neglecting. What all are the basics anyway?

Should emotional intelligence be considered groundwork? I would think so.

Also general mental health, general physical health and basic money management.

Anything else that should be added to that list?

Part of the basics, is learning to research and learn for yourself what the basics are, instead of needing it spoon-fed to you.

Having Google makes it easier than all the generations before you.

You can simply type in "what should every guy / 18 year old know" "how to make it in the world" "how to move out of your parents house" and absorb it.

Learn how to learn. That one basic unlocks everything else.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:33 PM, Majed said:

Do you have resources for that, like gurus, books, podcasts, on how to survive in the world.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:33 PM, Majed said:

Do yall know any resources which can help me figure out how to achieve autonomy and moving to a better country without getting into a university ?

You definitely need some sort of skills for that. in my POV the insights that you stumble upon yourself through thinking and contemplating have the most impact.

As for resources I highly recommend Cal Newport's podcast and the books "deep work" and "so good they can't ignore you". Most importantly you know what skills you need and you focus, this is what Cal Newport's work can help with. You can also watch older episodes of Leo, where he covered more blue and orange topics (business, how to study, discipline etc.) 

Hello fellow youngster, I am also a from a third world country (Iraq).

I recommend doing every single practice from Leo`s "Advice for high school and college students" which are:

1. Finding your life purpose

2.Meditating every day for an hour

3. reading a book a month

4. focusing on studying for learning not grades (i struggled with that but now I am now sharpening the saw in holiday to be able to study in school)

5. Dating (I cant do that, since it is taboo for high schoolers to date here + not interested, but will do that in college)

6. Eating Healthy (no wheat, no candy, no chips, no soda, no pizza, no junk food)

that's what I have been doing the last 7 months, best 7 months in my life.

also go to the main website, not the forum, go the start here section, watch all the videos there, you will have the foundation, after that point stop consuming too much Leo, you need other resources, do that for a while and start combining perspectives.