Husseinisdoingfine

Are violent thoughts the sign of an impure mind?

4 posts in this topic

I don't want to scare people. But quite frequently I get intrusive thoughts and intrusive desires both about homicide and suicide.

Is this an impure mind? I do recall Leo in a video stating that cravings for suicide were the results of an impure mind. I do notice that with meditation and shamanic breathing make these impurities go away.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Of course, thoughts of violence, revenge, guilt, fear, are symptoms of being attached, and an attached mind is impure. a pure mind is zero attachment, just present. but the 99, several 9 more % of the minds, are impure minds, so don't feel bad

Edited by Breakingthewall

I would say it depends on how attached you are to those thoughts.

I can think of violent thoughts right now, but they don't garner any sort of emotional reaction or involvement from me. It's like watching a movie scene where the characters are fighting. Imagining a violent thought that you are emotionally invested in and want to act out would be different, and could be seen as "impure" because it indicates some sort of emotional problem.

But also, "impure" itself is also a thought and judgement you are projecting on top of your thoughts, so be conscious of that.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho