Matthew85

God state practices

53 posts in this topic

I have continued with my flotation tank meditations. They have been very deep with some profound insights. I recommend it. Added some mushrooms to my last one. Had an insight of the current moment and experience being all that existed. I found myself doubting it the next day though. This seems to be very common among trip reports I read. People awaken to very profound insights and then later doubt the validity of them. Personally I think I have a concern about adopting a false or deluded belief. I have seen how my mind can deceive me, so that also creates doubt. I don't trust my mind to always reveal truth. 

How do you deal with doubt about your insights that can often come later? 

I am still meditating in the flotation tank about 3 times a week. I usually add a low dose of mushrooms. 

Recently waking reality is feeling more like a dream. Increased synchronicities or I just have more awareness of them.

Frequently now while I am completely sober while walking and driving I have the sense I am not actually going anywhere. I have had this in the past, but it is more often now. Not sure if this is from expanded awareness or something else. 

I highly recommend trying flotation tanks for contemplation and meditating. I am able to go very deep quickly. 

Edited by Matthew85

On 7/15/2022 at 7:57 PM, Matthew85 said:

I have continued with my flotation tank meditations. They have been very deep with some profound insights. I recommend it. Added some mushrooms to my last one. Had an insight of the current moment and experience being all that existed. I found myself doubting it the next day though. This seems to be very common among trip reports I read. People awaken to very profound insights and then later doubt the validity of them. Personally I think I have a concern about adopting a false or deluded belief. I have seen how my mind can deceive me, so that also creates doubt. I don't trust my mind to always reveal truth. 

How do you deal with doubt about your insights that can often come later? 

Doubt= fear. That's all it is. You doubt because of fear. You doubt it because if you believe it you die. You don't want to die. Understand this...your ego is very intelligent. Your ego knows what it means if there is only a present and no past or future, it means you have no self. It means you don't exist. It means you are actually dead right now and have never been alive. 

So doubt creeps in so you can still exist. You are a blank piece of paper with a stick man running on it that is finding out that he is constantly being redrawn in every moment. He thought he was just a permanent stick man but instead he is being maintained. If you accept that you are being maintained then....you realize you aren't real...so he awakens to the fact that he isn't some stable presence, he is continually being created in every moment. 

Every single moment you are dying and being reborn...you have already died, and have already been reborn. Everything is life and death, there is no separation. Life= self, death= no self. When you think and do you are alive. When you cease all attachments = death. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 08/06/2022 at 2:39 AM, Matthew85 said:

Do any of you have a favorite practice to shift or align with your God state outside of psychedelics? 

A couple I have had success with are chanting different names of God. Also, while I am hiking or walking everything I find myself observing, I say I am that. After awhile of doing this my consciousness feels very expansive. 

What is your favorite practice?

Sometimes I find my body spontaneously goes and sits on the pillow and does a practise that I don't know how to do...still to this day

Breathe in, feel love in your heart, say "I love you" to all that is.

Breathe out, feel this love as your Self expanding outwards into infinity, into all your experience, say "I am you" to all that is.

This came to me while I had a bike delivery job and I did it all day, it is very powerful.. I should incorporate it again, it's been a while.

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Doubt= fear. That's all it is. You doubt because of fear. You doubt it because if you believe it you die. You don't want to die. Understand this...your ego is very intelligent. Your ego knows what it means if there is only a present and no past or future, it means you have no self. It means you don't exist. It means you are actually dead right now and have never been alive. 

It's more complex than this for me. I have reached very expanded states where everything became self.

It is possible to become deluded and self deceived while doing this work. Leo discusses this often. I don't feel its as simple as doubt=fear in all instances. The mind is deceptive. You can't always expect it to reveal the truth. Also our interpretations can distort things as well. That is one of the things that makes this work so challenging. 

Edited by Matthew85

7 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

It's more complex than this for me. I have reached very expanded states where everything became self.

It is possible to become deluded and self deceived while doing this work. Leo discusses this often. I don't feel its as simple as doubt=fear in all instances. The mind is deceptive. You can't always expect it to reveal the truth. Also our interpretations can distort things as well. That is one of the things that makes this work so challenging. 

All doubt is fear. If everything is you, then what is there to fear? Doubt is the belief that something is separate so it is afraid to act. Doubt is the opposite of trust. If you trust then you don't doubt. 

Do you doubt your legs will work? Do you doubt your eyes will blink? If you suddenly your legs stopped working, then you would doubt whether they would ever work again. Why? Because now you DON'T trust your legs. They are not obeying you, so now they feel separate, alien. Like a parent whose kids don't listen to him, they don't feel like his kids anymore. Hell your legs not working could be recontextualized as a betrayal if you are clever enough.

Doubt= fear. If all is well there is no doubt.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

9 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Breathe out, feel this love as your Self expanding outwards into infinity, into all your experience, say "I am you" to all that is.

@peanutspathtotruth I have practiced something very similar. It can lead to a very expanded state. 

Recently I have been following the steps in Leo's "Guided Exercise For Realizing You Are God" video, discovering what is being created by the mind right now. Pretty much sit there, it helps having your eyes open. Realize that the planet earth does not exist. It is being created by your mind now. You are not a human that was born in the past. You are not alive right now. Time does not exist. The past is being imagined right now. There is no room on the other side of the wall etc. 

You begin to realize that what you are Imagining is not even close to the same thing as what you experience in the moment. If you imagine that if you don't hit the break, your car will crash, what actually will happen will always be different than you imagined even if you could still describe it the same way. The actuality of the present moment is just too vast to be contained by thoughts and memories. 

Edited by Jordan

19 hours ago, Jordan said:

Recently I have been following the steps in Leo's "Guided Exercise For Realizing You Are God" video, discovering what is being created by the mind right now

@Jordan That is an excellent exercise. 

So far all the different practices and methods I have discovered only produce temporary shifts in state. The old state always reasserts itself. Leo has discussed this is a challenge for him too. And he is utilizing some of the most potent psychedelics we know of. I'm not sure why permanent shifts in our state are so difficult to attain for most of us. 

@Matthew85  Yes, I don't have an answer to that right now that has worked for me. I am trying to improve at doing this technique enough to be comfortable doing it while going about my day. I will let you know if I make any improvements.   

I had an interesting insight during my last flotation tank meditation. I became aware that I actually don't see with my eyes. The mechanism of visual perception has nothing to do with my eyes. 

Has anyone else had this insight? 

Had another fantastic flotation tank meditation. Once again had the insight that only the current moment and what I am expericing exists. This sure makes the "world" feel a whole lot smaller. Also, realized again I am actually not seeing with my eyes. It's an experience that is being simulated. Now if I can just figure out how simulate the eyesight I had as a teenager.