funkychunkymonkey

Any combat athletes out there?!?!

4 posts in this topic

I'd love to chat and trade some words of wisdom how you guys fuse consciousness with your art. I was a boxer for a long time but tryna start a kickboxing run. The fight sport world brings me to tears it's so beautiful :D love you all 

I take Budo Taijutsu, Its a mix of Ninjutsu and Samaria. Highly intellectual art. I think you would want to first understand what consciousness is, because to "fuse consciousness with your art" literally makes no sense. Consciousness IS the art. lol. However it may be interesting to converse about how we observe how awareness of aspects of what is learned within the art develop over time. Such has noticing the subtle things, how you can sense "intention" or observations of how the mind is able to quickly process and predict and counter or not. or things about your structure, your opponents structure and how to manipulate the body in certain ways to create openings. How you can force your opponent to shift their attention to different parts of their body, or performing a strike which then leaves them vulnerable for another technique because you already know what their reaction must be. There's quite alot in this art. Boxing and Kickboxing Im sure have some cool things that would be interesting to lean about. Idk much about it besides what I've seen online. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

@funkychunkymonkey For sure! Its the martial art. A beautiful process full of tradition and honor, friendship and personal growth.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

I did muay thai for years. Never competed though, never went in the ring. It's a little wish of mine to get in the ring and fight - it will happen soon :D

Let me know what you want to talk about.