Someone here

About Minimalism and happiness

5 posts in this topic

I recently figured that the less stuff that is going on in my life..the more happy and fulfilling my life becomes.  The more crowded and busy my life is ...the more anxious and depressed and harder my life gets . I'm really considering being a minimalist. I mean there is no need for great ambitions and building a wealth and banging hot women ...all of that is nonsense and it will never make you truly happy . If you have food ,water, shelter, health etc and the basics of life handled .then you can bask in the beauty and joy of just existing. 

The problem is..After a human is born, their life bends toward a sequence of stockpiling. They flounder through puberty, become an adult, and accumulate possessions and relationships and careers and credit cards until they feel the weight of excess. To “remedy” their situation, they attempt to organize their hoard, trading their “wrong” things for the “right” things, going into debt, working hard to collect cars and clothes and cosmetics that merely get in the way. None of it makes them happier.

When the stuff ceases to fill the void, they create new clutter.mental clutter, emotional clutter, spiritual clutter..always chasing more as the antidote to the chaos. They never stop to consider less.

Maybe now is the time.
For your consideration: Less Is Now. Less is more .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Quality over quantity for me :).

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Nothing wrong about having ambitions (you just need to find the right ones for you). It keeps your senses sharpened, you get to apply yourself and do meaningful things. Maybe you even get to tap into your deepest potential (what you were "born to do") and experience flow states. Of course, it all has to be grounded in the sober ground of being, but removing one or the other will most likely leave you incomplete. Intrinsic joy is found in the marriage of meaning and being.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Mindful indulgence can hook you into Being.

My concentration capacities have dulled with age now indulgence lies the gateway.

Indulgent smells, tastes

Edited by Proserpina

???????

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Nothing wrong about having ambitions (you just need to find the right ones for you). It keeps your senses sharpened, you get to apply yourself and do meaningful things. Maybe you even get to tap into your deepest potential (what you were "born to do") and experience flow states. Of course, it all has to be grounded in the sober ground of being, but removing one or the other will most likely leave you incomplete. Intrinsic joy is found in the marriage of meaning and being.

I have two conflicting urges regarding this topic ..

On the one hand, a burning ambition to create, build and succeed, in the traditional sense of the word.

On the other, an intense desire for a simpler, less complicated life..a minimalist life.

It always felt like I had an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, advocating for two distinct approaches that were in irreconcilable conflict.

A big part of my struggle stemmed from (what turned out to be) an unfounded fear. a belief that minimalism is a bastion of the unambitious. I had big things I wanted to achieve, so I resisted adopting the identity of someone who would settle for less.

I finally became so sick and tired of my mental machinations and scarcity thinking that I committed to finding the antidote to fear, which is knowledge. By studying minimalist philosophies, I came to understand that my seemingly contradictory impulses could coexist. 

A revelation and reconciliation: It became clear that a minimalist mindset doesn’t stand in the way of ambition. It’s what enables the pursuit of big dreams. I realized that owning less could free me to achieve more. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho