Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Tell me your definition of the root Chakra

7 posts in this topic

Tell me a description of what root Chakra means to you. 

Tell me anything you know about the root Chakra. 

Just gathering information and opinions on this 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I read that article. I will write down the important parts. It says "kayakalpa" is the demention of yoga related on the muladhara chakra. It uses "aritma" which is a secretion from the pineal gland. Aritma can be used in 3 ways:1. to strengthen the body 2.to bring blissfulness so much that you do not care how long you live. 3 Increase your perception so much that you can remove all resistance in your system. 

It doesn't really tell you how to go about getting more aritma or how to use it. It does mention something about hatha yoga postures at the end. Does anyone have any info on aritma or kayakalpa? I guess I will search myself too.

Just put your awareness on your root chakra and it will tell you all you need to know about it.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

Just put your awareness on your root chakra and it will tell you all you need to know about it.

It seems like a lot of the advice to have your chakras working properly is to put your attention on them. I have been recently meditating 2x per day 40-60 min each time. Around half the time is focusing on the chakras. Is there something important I am missing about developing an understanding of my chakras or is this the main thing? 

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It seems like a lot of the advice to have your chakras working properly is to put your attention on them. I have been recently meditating 2x per day 40-60 min each time. Around half the time is focusing on the chakras. Is there something important I am missing about developing an understanding of my chakras or is this the main thing? 

Well that's the whole point. Your chakras are working just fine, it's just a matter of how aware you are of them. 

If you have some sexual frustration for example and you put your awareness on your 2nd chakra or whatever it is, you just open yourself to the possibility of finding out something about your sexuality that you had not been conscious of before or that had been repressed. That's really all there is to it, just being more aware of how your body feels and what it has to say. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Your source of feeling safe, your foundation, your source of feeling like an immovable object. It let's you access and feel the bottom of your brain inside your skull. You can even feel where the brain connects with the spine. Getting access to that feeling makes you feel like you have become as sturdy and unmoving as a mountain. Great way to stay still. It makes you the most calm no matter the situation. You are collected within yourself and nothing can disturb you anymore. The degree of how hard you are to disturb is proportional to the degree of which you are able to access this feeling and develop your root.