Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striving for more

Self help is a giant scam. I'm gone.

8 posts in this topic

• The issue with self help is there's certainly some gold buried within the dirt ... that you might not get in the normal world. 
  • 95% of it is just nonsense ... or common sense that you don't need to hear. 

I had to go through some years of pain to realize it's all a scam. 

The only thing that counts is results, OBVIOUSLY. 

Don't read self help books, never again. 

Don't watch self help videos, never again. 

WIll this lead to more results? 

Better social life? 

More money? Escaping the system?

Lifestyle I want? 

More free time? 

More women? Hotter women? 

More status power ect.. ? 

More producitivity? 

Therefore, not all of self help is technically a scam, but most is. 

Nearly everything leo talks about is fucking useless ... or it's just common sense that you already know, he makes it sound profound. 

Power of asking questions is good 

No growth without training good. 

Not all of it a scam, but the problem is MOST OF IT IS. AND HOW MUCH TIME DID I LOSE TO REALIZE WHAT IS AND WHAT ISN'T 

"Learning = making distinctions". This hasn't helped me in my life, it's just common sense we do it anyway. 

"Learning = observation", isn't that just common sense, maybe it's helped me I don't know. 

But ultimately self help was a net negative to me, However had I watched Julians the GAP Method FIRST, before any other self help content then in that case it could've been a net positive becuase he clarified the intuition that Most self help is dumb because it's about what YOU want productive is relative. I'll always respect Julian for that, however he seems to be lost deep in the cult, talking about "trauma release" and shit.  

But leo doesn't clarify this enough to all his lost young followers, because he's a fucking cult leader. 

Fucking cult. 

I'm done with self help. 

I'm done with this forum. 

No more self help. 

A lot more training. 

A lot more listening to music, not leo. 

And once I got some money, a lot more playing video games, sex, movies, all the stuff that's "a waste of time" to leo. 

I was never dumb enough to believe him on this 1 thankfully. 

A lot more listening to Mozart.

Rock House Classical Movie Soundtracks Base Bit of Trap Almost no rap no pop but especially merging genres. 

100% Focused on Results, which is inversionally proportional to "self help". I'm talking about real self help. 

OHHHHH, AND DON'T GET ME STRATED ON SPIRAL DYNAMICS.... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

If you want to see the most irritatingly annoying freaks on planet earth, then check out all spiral dynamics obsessives, lool. I don't care if that's you, I'll slap that imaginary theory out of your fucking face, go live your life & chase your dreams you dumb fuck, calling me "Orange" cos you got like 0.5 brain cells? Am I an oompa loompa? Okk am I a pumpkin? Nice, I think I'll buy lamborgini now hahaha. 

Edited by Striving for more

My life is gonna get so much better now I'm committed to ZERO "Self help". 

Everything has to come through the funnel of result. 

I may listen to Owen Cook again, but I'll be wary. I'll be filtering for result triggering information, most of his videos are just rambling nonsense tbh, what was I thinking? 

• Goals 
  • Art Nature Downtime 
  • Music 
  • Money 
  • Results
  • Women, Sex
  • Lifestyle 
  • Physical Health 
  • Get big and Ripped 
  • Train 
  • Pick up 

TANGIBLE SHIT. I NEED TANGIBLE SHIT. LETS GO. 

Too many cult members on here, I'm gone. 

On 30/05/2022 at 2:14 PM, Striving for more said:

My life is gonna get so much better now I'm committed to ZERO "Self help". 

Everything has to come through the funnel of result. 

I may listen to Owen Cook again, but I'll be wary. I'll be filtering for result triggering information, most of his videos are just rambling nonsense tbh, what was I thinking? 

• Goals 
  • Art Nature Downtime 
  • Music 
  • Money 
  • Results
  • Women, Sex
  • Lifestyle 
  • Physical Health 
  • Get big and Ripped 
  • Train 
  • Pick up 

TANGIBLE SHIT. I NEED TANGIBLE SHIT. LETS GO. 

Too many cult members on here, I'm gone. 

So basically experience your way into learning?

Self help and psychology books are worthless.   I find dancing to be more effective.  Take classes in Salsa and Bachata. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

3 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

I find dancing to be more effective.  Take classes in Salsa and Bachata. 

1. Couldn't agree with you more that physical/social activities are the most powerful for mental health > especially the kind that helps you get lose in your body, and become less self conscious and free. 
3 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Self help and psychology books are worthless. 

2. What led you to feel this way with such conviction? 

3. Do you still listen to videos e.g "how fear works" (leo) > Or this just worthless psychology again to you?. 

(I'm assuming you don't because I guess self help videos is just audio form of a book). 

I dunno, I think the how fear works series was at least very useful in reminding that fearlessness is something you have to deliberately cultivate and laid out some steps, "like face the fear head on" > This is obvious common sense, but it helps to be reminded & pushed to do it. Then again ... It's still probably overkill of information, I don't think the exercises or most of it is worth it, literally all you need to do is inmediately "start facing the fear face on" & everything will happen for you, I would easily get so lost in theory, and leo doesn't help this by over complicating everything. Success is cliché and simple. 

Self help books being useless is a personal opinion. If that has been the case for you.....then great!! But self-help books have a lot of power if you actually apply them. The self-help books that have helped me the most were the ones I was able to apply.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

55 minutes ago, Striving for more said:
  1. Couldn't agree with you more that physical/social activities are the most powerful for mental health > especially the kind that helps you get lose in your body, and become less self conscious and free. 

2. What led you to feel this way with such conviction? 

I found it’s better to keep things simple.   “There is no end to the making of many books, and much study wearies the body”. (Ecclesiastes 12:12).   Dancing is social and physical.  The people who you meet tend to be more social and not stuck in their heads.  Also, partner dancing is an excellent way to interact with women.  You have to learn how to lead a woman smoothly, and it is a valuable skill that you learn.  When you are a good leader, they love it.   I have women coming up to me asking me to dance.   Heal yourself by interacting with other people rather than reading books.  We are the medicine.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.