Rishabh R

How do I resolve my trauma ?

9 posts in this topic

As mental images of the past run in my mind.I contemplate the above questions and came to the following answers:

.By recognising that image in my mind is not the actual event

.Image in mind need to be questioned

.Mental image needs to be blurred

.Recognising that the event was not one sided as I saw it

.Recognising that it is normal,ok people have faced it 

all mental trauma is basically very compulsive and alluring thoughts which haunt you and make you react in dramatic ways. 
you can practice more non reactive awareness and mindfulness to your automatic reactions to stimuli 
you read about proper more aware and integral response to events that trigger you
you might try therapy for support
you might try holotropic breathing, not sure if this really helps 
than all you got left to do is start practicing a better, healthier, more integrated version of you in day to day life, consciously. 
it will improve over time. as you put more into it you will get more out of it. 

@NoN-RaTiOnAL Thank you.By the way I tried therapy and antidepressants it improved to some extent but not much still I face the issue of hitting the imaginary person, sometimes screaming etc.

Edited by Rishabh R
Forgot to include some lines

I think that the questions you listed are definitely very good ones for contemplation. Eventually some of the events in your life really need to be observed and thought through again.

However your emotions are also very very real, and unfortunately your emotions are based on the images in your mind, not the actual truth. Your emotions are based on what you think happened in the past, they are based on your perspective alone. Although changing how you see the past or changing the images that show up in your mind is the ultimate solution in the long run, you also have to dive into what you are feeling right now and get a look at the core issue. Because obviously your emotions are trying to tell you something.

Further answers after further contemplating:

.It made me stronger

.That event has long passed by

.For other it was fun

.The problem was not with me but other

Edited by Rishabh R
Missed

A very large part of the impact of the trauma on your mind is the certainty that this should not have happened, that it was unfair. imagine that the trauma that hurts you so much has happened to absolutely everyone and everyone talks about it openly, at barbaque... yes, the years when my father made me suck his dick... uff yes, What a bad time, very disgusting. would there be trauma? Well, I've given a bit of an extreme example, but really, where does the real pain begin, and where does the shame of not being adequate? many times it is more the latter. I have a trauma, well, many, but this one for example: when I was a kid, 10, 11, my father used to cruelly made fun of my physique because i become too tall, he told me that I had a disgusting body while he put on bodybuilder postures and said, I am perfect, you are imperfect. your feet are disgusting, your small penis, the feeling was frozen. rejection, death, fear, sometimes I dreamed that there was a car where all my family went but I did not fit in. Right now it doesn't affect me at all, because I'm not ashamed at all, zero. This is how my life was, and it makes me even funny. reality is wild. there is no "should be". that's a childish idea. this is the jungle, and it is something very beautiful, wild, lethal.

Of course that shit was not nice, but imagine, if you were in war and you were really traumatized, you would awake with terror, but probably in a while you would forget, the pain would fade. But if you are ashamed...it never fades. If the other kids bullied you, you are not traumatized, you don't remember the fear, you are ashamed. Pure ego. Let's put the other cheek (mentally), and of course, don't let it happen again. Forgive yourself 

Edited by Breakingthewall