Someone here

Is Christianity a monotheistic religion?

69 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well..most Christians will definitely disagree with you on that one. 

The essence of Christianity and what Jesus (and other christian mystics) intended to teach is one thing. And what average Joe with no spiritual acumen believes Christianity is is other thing. So I would suggest to focus on one or the other because if you mix these things up it gets confusing.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

4 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

The essence of Christianity and what Jesus (and other christian mystics) intended to teach is one thing. And what average Joe with no spiritual acumen believes Christianity is is other thing.

And what is it ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I can only approximate with my intuition because I do not follow their model for years now, but I was raised in catholic house, so as I've written earlier :

"There is one God. It can have many forms. You. Me. Cat. Tree. But for christians the most important forms/facets of God are God himself (the masculine, fatherly principle), Jesus and the Holy Spirit. But it is known that they are just forms of the one.

How is Jesus a God? How is Atman the Brahman?"

So there is indeed a paradox that 1+1+1 = 3 = 1. And as Leo would say "it's not a bug it's a feature"

11 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

I can only approximate with my intuition because I do not follow their model for years now, but I was raised in catholic house, so as I've written earlier :

"There is one God. It can have many forms. You. Me. Cat. Tree. But for christians the most important forms/facets of God are God himself (the masculine, fatherly principle), Jesus and the Holy Spirit. But it is known that they are just forms of the one.

How is Jesus a God? How is Atman the Brahman?"

So there is indeed a paradox that 1+1+1 = 3 = 1. And as Leo would say "it's not a bug it's a feature"

So are you saying that the trinity is just a metaphor for God's shape-shifting ability?  Or what is known that form is formlessness and formlessness is for?

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So are you saying that the trinity is just a metaphor for God's shape-shifting ability?  Or what is known that form is formlessness and formlessness is for?

trinity is spirit within logos outside transcendent beyond

Edited by gettoefl

@gettoefl sorry its hard for Me to understand your poetic style. Would you speak more clearly :)

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@gettoefl sorry its hard for Me to understand your poetic style. Would you speak more clearly :)

spirit is within, logos is without, transcendent is beyond

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I will try to present counter arguments and questions concerning is Jesus God himself in a man image or just the son of God.  From a quick Wikipedia research I found verses in the bible where Jesus clearly states that he is not God himself but rather only the son of God. 

Nearly all Christians believe Jesus is God. That is what the institutional church has always taught. Christians professedly rely strongly on the Bible for this belief. Yet there is not a single Bible verse which states unequivocally, “Jesus is God,” or the like. Moreover, the New Testament  gospels have no statement by Jesus in which he identifies himself as God. In fact, there are many Bible verses which indicate Jesus cannot be God by declaring that only the Father is God or by distinguishing Jesus from God. 

First, and foremost, is one of Jesus’ sayings recorded only in the Gospel of John. The setting is the Last Supper, right before he was arrested and crucified. He prayed for his disciples, saying, “Father,… This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent” (John 17.3). So, Jesus tells the Father that he is “the only true God” and then distinguishes himself from that one God. Both of these points clearly indicate that Jesus himself cannot also be God.

Two other times  Jesus identified the Father as the only God. Earlier, he told his Jewish opponents that the Father is “the one and only God” (John 5.44). And again, at the Last Supper, Jesus distinguished himself from this one and only God by commanding his disciples, “believe in God, believe also in Me” (14.1).

The other two  passages which irrefutably establish that only the Father is God and distinguish Jesus from God are in Paul’s letters. He writes to the church at Corinth, “There is no God but one…. yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him” (1 Corinthians 8.4, 6). Here, Paul clearly declares that for Christians there is one God, who is the Father, and there is no other God, so that Jesus is not God.

This is just a giant misunderstanding, as it is clearly stated in the last verse you stated, " by whom are all things, and we exist through him"

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

"(Q)Your father Abraham (R)rejoiced (S)that he would see my day. (T)He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”[b] 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, (U)I am.” 59 So (V)they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

Which is exactly the words of God when he appeared in the burning Bush revealing him self as I AM.

Everybody in that culture knew exactly what he said when he said before Abraham I AM , he is claiming he is God and thats why they killed him as well.

The Father is the sole cause of Jesus but he is eternally begotten, which means he is not a creature as we are, the Father is not the Father without the Son.

Watch this video.

and this, this is a short video.

the angel of the Lord is Jesus.

The videos i linked explains everything.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Yes! Sort of. Christians have no concept of formlessness unfortunately. But I think thats is close enough.