thisintegrated

Why do sensors hate anime?

10 posts in this topic

I had a thought.  Perhaps it's that art/animation can't be taken literally.  It relies entirely on interpretation, which requires mental processing, and sensors don't like this.  Sensors like to experience things directly, unfiltered.  They don't want to have to process lines and representations of people/objects into their real-life counterparts.  They want to be able to take things literally, and anime doesn't allow this, so they hate it.

what do you mean by 'sensor'

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

7 hours ago, Chives99 said:

what do you mean by 'sensor'

xSxx people, rather than xNxx people.

18 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

xSxx people, rather than xNxx people.

are you referring to the myers briggs personality types?

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

6 hours ago, Chives99 said:

are you referring to the myers briggs personality types?

Of course.  In MBTI you're either a introvert/extrovert, sensor/intuitive, feeler/thinker, judger/perceiver.

What's sensor 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Hate anime? No way, tell a sensor to watch Death Note

Also, I'm guessing its not anime in particular, but shows in general? Or do they prefer shows with real life people over animated stuff? I bet they also hate books as well then, assuming the title is accurate. Idk much about MBTI tho FYI.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

21 hours ago, Osaid said:

Hate anime? No way, tell a sensor to watch Death Note

Also, I'm guessing its not anime in particular, but shows in general? Or do they prefer shows with real life people over animated stuff? I bet they also hate books as well then, assuming the title is accurate. Idk much about MBTI tho FYI.

Yes.  Sensors, specifically.

Most sensors I know love tv shows and films.  But they all hate anime, and/or think anime's for kids just because it's animated and they can't fathom the idea of an adult animation.  They also just don't care.  They don't care that there's a medium of entertainment they're potentially missing out on.

For sensors, "no experience with x = no desire for x".  Sensors don't care about potential, because potential is an abstract idea, and sensors don't do abstract thinking.

I would bet that before tv shows and films became a popular thing, sensors considered them stupid.  It's only because everyone's grown up with a tv in the house that films are now considered normal by sensors.  A more relevant example might be streaming.  Streaming was, at first, only something intuitive types engaged in.  Now that Netflix has gone mainstream in the past few years, sensors are starting to use Netflix too, but still only in the most developed countries.

21 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What's sensor 

All MBTI types with S.  E.g. ESTP, ESFJ, ISTP, etc.

Edited by thisintegrated

Exception ISFP, love anime.

I think it's a generation thing, GenZ of all types that i've observed are into a wider range of things. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 2022-05-19 at 6:36 PM, thisintegrated said:

For sensors, "no experience with x = no desire for x".  Sensors don't care about potential, because potential is an abstract idea, and sensors don't do abstract thinking.

I would bet that before tv shows and films became a popular thing, sensors considered them stupid.  It's only because everyone's grown up with a tv in the house that films are now considered normal by sensors.  A more relevant example might be streaming.  Streaming was, at first, only something intuitive types engaged in.  Now that Netflix has gone mainstream in the past few years, sensors are starting to use Netflix too, but still only in the most developed countries.

That's it

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?