Gesundheit2

"You cannot maintain human function at the highest levels"

46 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Razard86 said:

At higher levels of consciousness you would not even identify as a human.

You don't need to identify as a human to be functional as a human. You can identify as everything including your human avatar and play the game from that perspective. Completely possible if you're open-minded.

Now, if you don't want to identify as a human, that's another thing. You can identify as a limited consciousness that does not include the human identity. And I'll just tell you that it's rather a contracted/lower state, regardless of what you might think, or how you want to rationalize it to yourself or others.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

40 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

But I would argue that there is virtue/bravery in pursuing A, and that B is a bypassing technique and an ego coping mechanism.

That's what my sense is, too - well, I think B doesn't have to be an escape. Maybe it's just us/God saying at some point "well, enough of this" :D 

But yeah, I think generally this is used as an escape, as spiritual bypassing and I've been observing it in myself and others a lot. I think it's perfectly okay and part of the journey. It's good to be aware of this :) 

On 5/29/2022 at 11:59 AM, Chrisd said:

When I think consciousness I'm thinking a certain level of functionality

If I'm enlightened then I'm more in tune with reality so I'm more functional

Consciousness goes way beyond functionality. What humans called "enlightened" is just a drop in the ocean of states of consciousness that are possible.

Imagine becoming an enlightened werewolf. Consciousness can create that state/reality, but your human mind cannot fathom it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness goes way beyond functionality. What humans called "enlightened" is just a drop in the ocean of states of consciousness that are possible.

Imagine becoming an enlightened werewolf. Consciousness can create that state/reality, but your human mind cannot fathom it.

The way I see it is there is an axis of depth and of self-recognition to consciousness and when you crank that up, you approach complete indistinctness. At a certain point you should be able to sculpt yourself into a werewolf experiencing itself as enlightened (if that's what you wish to do lol). I guess my question is how can such unbiased, indistinct consciousness decide on what to become (I guess it becomes everything to avoid this)? So the only plausible reason I'm in this body right now is Love, no?

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Endless unfathomable states of consciousness sounds very much like the "ten thousand things" that Taoism warned students of getting lost in. Most would say that enlightenment is not a state of consciousness but consciousness itself, but you must already have heard that. Doesn't a state of consciousness imply a duality between consciousness and that state?

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you personally get out of the altered states beyond recognition of what you are? Are you searching for something specific?