Oppositionless

infinity of gods, jed mckenna, multiverse

6 posts in this topic

"...The difference between multiverse and parallel universes, as we’re retasking these terms, is like the difference between a single-player or multiplayer environment in a video game. A multiverse scenario is like single-player gameplay where millions of other people might be playing in the same virtual environment, but they are all completely separate and apart with no overlap or shared influence. Nothing that happens in my single-player universe has any effect in yours or any other. I nuke my Paris, your Paris is fine. A parallel universe scenario is like multiplayer gameplay where there is a single environment experienced by two or more entities from differing perspectives. I nuke my Paris, everyone’s Paris is nuked.

hen I speculate a multiverse, then Karl is still an element in my dream, but I grant the possibility of an actual Karl somewhere in consciousness, possibly sitting next to a facsimile of me and looking up at similar stars, possibly not. When I speculate a parallel uni- verse, then Karl and I are sharing a virtual environment in consciousness, perceiving the same stars from different perspectives. That last scenario, Karl’s and my universes operating apart but in parallel - Parallel Universes - is the most obvious and least likely."

Jed Mckenna's  Theory of Everthing

which chapter is this from? gonna go back and read this one for more context

Does he later conclude which one is more likely?

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

3 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Does he later conclude which one is more likely?

Yes. But not in a way that will satisfy the mind. There is no universe, only consciousness. Appearance is imaginary/illusory. Your universe is your own dream, but so is everyone else's, there just happens to be no self-existence; no separate existence. There's just what is.

The way I see it: There's nothing closer or further or other than exactly what appears -- it's just that what appears has no real perspective, and isn't seen by someone separate from it. The infinite imagines that it's looking at itself. But that can be seen through, such that there's no possibility of other. There's just absolute freedom and distance-less intimacy, and nothing that is, is possible to overlook.

I believe that there is both universe and consciousness. Lol. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I believe that there is both universe and consciousness. Lol. 

If there are two then one of them must exist withing the other one. Because there can't be two. There must be one. 

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.