Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Realms of Wonder

Dating while building Life Purpose: What’s your perspective?

6 posts in this topic

Im 24, and 2-3 years into the skill building of a music career. Currently getting the the middle of the ‘starting’ phase.

do I continue to focus all my effort on building my life and Life Purpose? Or do I also add in dating during this time?

My gut says no, that can come later, for now, focus on my career and building my freedom through the impact of Music. So that’s what I’ve been doing for the last year, but I am open to other possibilities.

What is your perspective on this? 

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Depends on what helps you thrive. I would just be open to opportunities as they come up in your case. Plus not every "relationship" or encounter is the same so try to let go of your conditioning around how dating should look like. Make it so that it works for you and the other person. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Realms of Wonder

6 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Im 24, and 2-3 years into the skill building of a music career. Currently getting the the middle of the ‘starting’ phase.

do I continue to focus all my effort on building my life and Life Purpose? Or do I also add in dating during this time?

My gut says no, that can come later, for now, focus on my career and building my freedom through the impact of Music. So that’s what I’ve been doing for the last year, but I am open to other possibilities.

What is your perspective on this? 

My perspective, and I've experienced this before, is that trying to tackle multiple things, aka multi tasking, compared to doing one thing with near singular focus, I tend to do much better single tasking versus multitasking. However, it will depend on many things at that time, so one example from me, is that I have a different way of contemplating things and topics, where I switch between focusing on that thing, to focusing on multiple things to generate many answers, so in this case it ways slightly better to sort of myltiplex my focus than to singularly focus.

In most cases, an intuitive feeling is mostly right, so go with that for a while until you feel secure, confident, happy and satisfied your creativity enough, that you could affird to focus more on your dating. Don't jump immediately into dating when it doesn't feel right, when you are not secure enough or confident enough. Same goes for multiple other contexts in your life, don't go against your intuition if you can help it.

If you can stay focused on LP while dating then do it. Why not. They can be a good balance for each other. Like sometimes when you’re dating you can’t stop thinking about the person and having a life purpose to turn to is nice. It gives you comfort in something else; makes you feel less needy/dependent and more focused. Also, being connected authentically to another can make you more connected authentically to yourself which can only help your LP. In other words, they can positively influence on another. I don’t believe they will take away from one another. I think that’s limited not expansive thinking. Follow your desires. Insight always follows.:)

Edited by Gianna

On 5/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, puporing said:

Depends on what helps you thrive. I would just be open to opportunities as they come up in your case. Plus not every "relationship" or encounter is the same so try to let go of your conditioning around how dating should look like. Make it so that it works for you and the other person. 

Thanks for this perspective, you’re spot on about my conditioning about relationships, much more rigid and confining than necessary :)

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Do whatever feels right to you.

Dating can be distracting but having a date or two per week doesn't hurt you.

I would focus on making music and in the times where I need to replenish my energy, I would mix in some dating.

❤️