Tortured Soul

Really important

7 posts in this topic

Don't live in your past, that leads to depression.

Dont live in the future, that leads to anxiety.

Instead live in the present and you'll be at peace.

1 hour ago, Tortured Soul said:

Instead live in the present and you'll be at peace.

What if I have fluid in my middle ear and I can't hear for shit? Me not hearing shit happens in the present :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

25 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What if I have fluid in my middle ear and I can't hear for shit? Me not hearing shit happens in the present :D

Yes but we cause ourselves suffering by thinking thoughts like "Ah fuck this ear is killing me, I wish things could be like before when I didn't have this infection" or "Good god, how long is this ear infection going to last, what if it lasts another week, it's killing me!" Obviously a bit stereotypical here but you get the message.

Whatever you're experiencing right now, even if you're a captive in Auschwitz is not as bad as your future & past(thoughts) make it out to be. Your thoughts comparing the present moment to something which you preferred in the past makes you unable to accept the present, which causes suffering. Your thoughts about how much hell it will be if this pain lasts for another couple of weeks is what makes the pain unbearable. If you are fully in the Now your ear will still cause you pain. But it will not cause you a lot of suffering. Pain is an intense body sensation, suffering is caused by being stuck in thoughts. The way out of suffering can be found by being aware of the pain in the present moment, let yourself feel it and you can let go of thoughts, you'll be better off.

With that being said I hope your ear clears out sooner rather than later! But thinking too much in that way (I hope this ends soon it is frustrating as hell) will make you suffer a lot. 

Edited by Asayake

2 hours ago, Tortured Soul said:

@ZzzleepingBear it's actually Master Oogway from Kung Fu panda but worded a bit differently

Lol ok.

It's a famous Buddha quote either way. Sometimes there is a need for some healthy gate keeping. Disney earns more than enough money as it is already.