Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Myegolikestacos

Do I need to be initiated in Kriya?

6 posts in this topic

Need a bit of help to understand Kriya yoga. Where I live I was only able to find one spot where people are practicing Kriya. I just called them a few minutes ago, they didn't answer at first but then they returned the call and asked me to have a zoom call with them in a few a hours. I am worried I am going to get a sale's pitch. They now sent me their Website link where there is numerus mentions to "financial donations" that they say represent the physical body surrender. That last part just sounds manipulative to me. Because I want to surrender and purify my karma but the way they ask us to do it through"financial donations" just happens to be very convenient for them. Apperantly I need to participate in an initiation which I would actually love to experience. But the amounts of money mentioned would be a big sacrifice for me and a nice chunk of change in their pockets. Can anyone kindly share if any similar experience?

Right now I am more leaning to doing it anyway even though it will make my life a bit more difficult. I can easily change my mind I am not attached to any of the options in light, of new information.

Gracias

6 minutes ago, Myegolikestacos said:

Need a bit of help to understand Kriya yoga. Where I live I was only able to find one spot where people are practicing Kriya. I just called them a few minutes ago, they didn't answer at first but then they returned the call and asked me to have a zoom call with them in a few a hours. I am worried I am going to get a sale's pitch. They now sent me their Website link where there is numerus mentions to "financial donations" that they say represent the physical body surrender. That last part just sounds manipulative to me. Because I want to surrender and purify my karma but the way they ask us to do it through"financial donations" just happens to be very convenient for them. Apperantly I need to participate in an initiation which I would actually love to experience. But the amounts of money mentioned would be a big sacrifice for me and a nice chunk of change in their pockets. Can anyone kindly share if any similar experience?

Right now I am more leaning to doing it anyway even though it will make my life a bit more difficult. I can easily change my mind I am not attached to any of the options in light, of new information.

Gracias

You don't need to donate anything. It sounds like they are trying to milk you for there own gains.

No, you don't need any initiation to start practicing. It's all dogma and hearsay. It's as if you were asking "do I need permission by some authority to be loved by God?" and the answer is fuck no. 

The real Guru is your inner intuition, you are the Guru, once you understand this, you can leave all the human bullshit behind.

Just read the books about Kriya Yoga on Leo's book list and you are set to go, there are plenty of videos on YouTube if you are confused about a specific practice. 

I would add these books on your reading list too, if you want to go deep about the theory and practice:

1. Ennio Nimisi's book (available for free online)
  2. Kundalini tantra by Swami Saraswati Satyananda
  3. A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
  4. Kundalini — An Untold Story by Om Swami

Thanks guys, just the aspect of being around like minded people was really pulling my strings. There is a lot of kind hearted people in city so I am sure I will find a group I better fit in soon.@Brivido FYI, I have started on the book list and enjoying it very much.

Can be helpful. 

I did however meet a krya yoga who wanted to teach me but he messages me what seems to be none sense or…

the books are useful but be careful 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Myegolikestacos Be careful to not mess with your energetic system on your own, it can easily lead to your destruction.

Being under the supervision of a guru or a master is necessary IMO for Kriya yoga.

Kriya yoga practices can get so intense you can easily lose control and the surge of uncontrolled energy can easily destroy your nervous system and hurt you physically and mentally.