EugeneTheSage

Strange experience when doing yoga

5 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if it is pathology or a mystical experience.

When I was doing shashank-bhujangasana and when taking cobra pose the head went rolling. Then it 'stroked' my neck and the next second I was laying on the ground. I don't remember the moment I was falling. When I was gazing at the floor, there was an alternate feeling of 'self', the feeling was very mystical.

There are a lot of factors to claim this thing is pathology or a mystical experience:

Pathology:

• I have neurological issues, like tics, spasms, restless leg syndrome (I've cured this one), sometimes when laying in bed my body suddenly jumps, I had neck/shoulder strikes earlier in my life
  • I generally have a lot of chronic symptoms: head swelling, tics/spasms, in the abdomen, hot flashes, some mysterious mild pains in different areas of my body

Mystical experience:

• It felt nice
  • I do yoga every day for 3 months and sometimes throughout the day my ego dissolves - it became a normal phenomenon. Recently I am able to relax deeper in vipassana
  • Generally, after asanas that affect the neck, spine, twisting asanas, I experience perception enhancements such as more subtle perception, attention to the details, focus

maybe both of these claims are true: the asana is really powerful, but I'm not yet ready for it

What do you guys&girls think about this? Should I immediately run to the doctor, or slowly but surely adapt to this powerful asana?

Lol. I blacked out many times when I was bending back.

Nowadays my energy build-up is smoother so it doesn't hit me this way anymore.. and I don't hit my head against the wardrobe anymore. Try to be more aware of energy flow. I also STORONGLY recommend transmissions of consciousness. They quickly made my energy flow less abrupt.

You just inspired me to go into my yoga practice once again.

Also I experience wave of warmth throughout my body, feel much more aware after these convulsions when doing bhudjangasana. Sometimes I also experience wave of warmth and improved focus when I don't experience convulsions but weaker