Deepak sadhwani

How To Sit For Deeper Meditation ?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys ,  i have meditation cushion , but i don't know how to sit for deeper , after 35 minutes later my one leg is slept how you sit for deeper meditation ? 

Try sitting normally, like you would sit regularly,in a chair with you back up straight,  you don't need to cross your legs or anything. That way you can sit for hours without your legs falling asleep.  ;)

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

I agree with @Danielle, try any comfortable pose, just don't sit too high, just in case your body loses all sense and falls down :D 

In ancient days, seekers sat in a cave or dense jungles. Obviously, no question of getting a chair there. So learning to sit without support was a necessary prerequisite in yoga. In India, people naturally sit down cross legged (not anymore actually). If you do it regularly since childhood, its easy and natural, but if you force it on a body for which this pose is unnatural, there will be pain and more importantly no progress in meditation.

The emphasis should be on spine, not legs. Since if the spine is straight, you are more alert and attentive, you do not wander off in thoughts and imaginations, it naturally puts the body in a receptive state. A loose spine means laziness, body is tired and trying to rest, not a good time to meditate.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

A very simple thing that has made all the difference in the world for me is stretching. I don't know if this is an automatic duh for every human being other than me, but it wasn't obvious to me. you can stretch everything from your back to your legs.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Your legs are going to get "weird" after 30 min of sitting almost regardless of pose.

To me it's all about the spine. Having your hips higher than your knees and a slight tilt in the sacrum.

Personally I sit in half-lotus or burmese.