Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Insight Into Suffering

29 posts in this topic

I just had a huge breakthrough after going through the breakthrough experience seminar.

I can use the demartini method to resolve my judgments on reality. Homosexuality, incest, pedophilia, rape, murder, etc. Everything. The darker the better. Anything I judge. Basically, Dr Demartini has a technique that is designed to resolve your perceptions when they are distorted, by either judgments,resentments, infatuations, etc.

Our harsh judgments on reality take up a lot of mental energy and cause a lot of suffering, so when we can resolve them we can liberate ourselves from the illusion of reality being one sided, and not equally full of good and bad. 

I bet most of us here are still stuck in illusion of morality and a one sided world. God is in everything, and so god loves everything. What is, is love. 

God loves trump's presidency, and god loves the rapist. They all serve. But we only see one side of life and demonize the other.

You will be immortal. Because you will have accepted every part of mortality and been grateful for it.

Edited by Raptorsin7

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

They all serve

What do you mean this? Serve how?

18 minutes ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

What do you mean this? Serve how?

Everything in life has a purpose.

I'll give an example from the seminar.

He gave a story of a man who was kidnapped and forced to pay a ransom of 10 million dollars.

You would think this would be traumatizing. But because of the kidnapping, the guy was allowed to finally take a break from his company and spend more time to save his marriage.

After doing the method from the seminar the guy could see that the kidnapping was essential in saving his marriage, etc so he was thankful. 

Everything that happens to us is happening for a reason, and its always in balance.

For example, I was really triggered by my brother telling me what to do and asserting authority over me. But after going through this process I saw how my brothers behavior was actually humbling, and there was this upside to his behavior that I was completely unconscious too

10 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I can use the demartini method to resolve my judgments on reality. Homosexuality, incest, pedophilia, rape, murder, etc. Everything. The darker the better. 

Maybe if you're lucky your next divine insight will highlight how asinine it is to include homosexuality in the same category as rape or murder. Epic self-report right there, and for what?  This numbingly tame bit of spiritual hearsay that we've all read before? Aha, alright. ???

Edited by DrugsBunny

nah dude.

God doesn't love any of those things. Love transcends all of those horrible acts. Suffering them can bring you closer to God though because suffering helps you practice transcending evil. 

Edited by SgtPepper

31 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

Maybe if you're lucky your next divine insight will highlight how asinine it is to include homosexuality in the same category as rape or murder. Epic self-report right there, and for what?  This numbingly tame bit of spiritual hearsay that we've all read before? Aha, alright. ???

Maybe. But you could just be reading something negative out of that. For instance, if one is straight, even if not (outwardly) homophobic, they still might have the same level of disgust over themselves partaking in homosexual acts (inward homophobia), as the disgust over themselves partaking in murder -- because both are simply unnatural for their character. If one has this disgust, they have to start somewhere -- imagining oneself having gay sex until it no longer disgusts them is probably a good way to relax inward homophobia, and the only ones who would be afraid to do this are probably homophobic (perhaps even closeted) in some way. Obviously they aren't in the same moral category, but "moral" is obviously not the only category there is.

22 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

nah dude.

God doesn't love any of those things. Love transcends all of those horrible acts. Suffering them can bring you closer to God though because suffering helps you practice transcending evil. 

The rapist is simply playing the role of the rapist. If there was no trouble to solve, everyone would be bored out of their minds. Obviously if you understand God, you probably aren't gonna be the rapist, but it's simply a role -- plays a part in the play of God.

Edited by The0Self

31 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

It's based on one's own assessment of what's good and bad. Anything you judge as bad is misperception, and if you looked you could see that there is always positive in the negative, and negative in the positive.

In my view homosexuality and rape are both bad, but I can learn to see the good in both homosexuality and rape.

23 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

nah dude.

Really ask yourself if god doesn't love those things. Why would they exist if they were not in alignment with god.

@DrugsBunny

I stand corrected...

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

In my view homosexuality and rape are both bad

That's fine. But why do you consider homosexuality bad?

Just now, The0Self said:

@DrugsBunny

I stand corrected...

That's fine. But why do you consider homosexuality bad?

I think it's just baked into my belief system. I was contemplating what if I never thought homosexuality was bad, and I could see the hollowness of the view.

I'm still conflicted, part of me loves woman and wants a wife and monogamy, so I'm not sure what collapsing the homosexual judgment will do.

I think pedophilia is bad too, but that's just another projection too, not sure what it'll look like when I collapse that judgment either 

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I think it's just baked into my belief system. I was contemplating what if I never thought homosexuality was bad, and I could see the hollowness of the view.

I'm still conflicted, part of me loves woman and wants a wife and monogamy, so I'm not sure what collapsing the homosexual judgment will do.

I think pedophilia is bad too, but that's just another projection too, not sure what it'll look like when I collapse that judgment either 

Nice. Well, that's what this work is all about. Bad, and bad for society, are different though. Ultimately, nothing is bad. But pedophilia is clearly bad for society, while it's much harder to make that case for homosexuality. But homosexuality being bad on some level is baked into pretty much any straight guy, until it isn't. I lucked out by never being outwardly homophobic, but like any straight guy I unknowingly had inward homophobia. I just imagined myself having gay sex until it no longer induced disgust -- a nice open mindedness exercise... it won't make you gay unless you were already gay. If anything it made me more straight lol.

10 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Maybe. But you could just be reading something negative out of that. For instance, if one is straight, even if not (outwardly) homophobic, they still might have the same level of disgust over themselves partaking in homosexual acts (inward homophobia), as the disgust over themselves partaking in murder -- because both are simply unnatural for their character.

Every other concept in the list had heinous moral implications, whereas homosexuality does not. If he meant it as you're interpreting it, the obvious word to have used instead would be "homophobia". Given his choice of words it's fair to assume he shares at least some political alignment with the likes of Steven Crowder or Tucker Carlson.

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

In my view homosexuality and rape are both bad, but I can learn to see the good in both homosexuality and rape.

In my most generous interpretation I can only surmise that you see gayness as a form of moral degeneracy. In my more blunt interpretation I'd say this is inbred tier homophobia wrapped in pseudo-spiritual toxicity attempting to exonerate evil from a metaphysical perspective of godlike total acceptance.

I haven't experienced any significant godlike states of consciousness, but if I had, and thus fully embraced all forms of evil, this would be a state of consciousness — a state of being that shouldn't be haphazardly transcribed into reckless language that can only be interpreted by ordinary people as callous indifference to human suffering.

6encek.jpg

6 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

Every other concept in the list had heinous moral implications, whereas homosexuality does not. If he meant it as you're interpreting it, the obvious word to have used instead would be "homophobia". Given his choice of words it's fair to assume he shares at least some political alignment with the likes of Steven Crowder or Tucker Carlson.

Yeah I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. That is until he outright said he thinks homosexuality and rape are both bad lol. But he was just being honest. We have to start somewhere. Could just be a blind spot he has, or typical SD stage blue-orange progression.

@DrugsBunny Wow you are so wise lol.

Idk man, judgment is judgment. I'd rather let go of all of morality then cling to it. I say see the good and bad in both homosexuality and rape. Seems like you want to cling to one side and say homosexuality is good and not bad, but rape is bad but not good. That's only going to create suffering.

See the question to ask is why does my view trigger you? There are probably gay people who read what I wrote and aren't triggered, and yet you felt the need to comment and respond

Edited by Raptorsin7

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

The rapist is simply playing the role of the rapist. If there was no trouble to solve, everyone would be bored out of their minds. Obviously if you understand God, you probably aren't gonna be the rapist, but it's simply a role -- plays a part in the play of God.

This discussion reminds of the TV show Loki. When reflecting on Loki's bad actions, it was revealed that he was born in the world to do evil, so that others could be the best versions of themselves aka the Avengers. So that is one way to look at evil actions and how they function for the overall Good for me.

I went into the mental health field? why because I experienced the challenges of mental health throughout childhood and teen years, so I resolved to become a person who learns and wants to heal mental health; the suffering made me more God-like or in other words, strengthened my ability to become loving & learn how to transcend suffering.

Practically speaking, there is trouble to solve.. you must declare jihad against yourself or else we will all die. Consider how if we had a lawless society we would self-destruct? Rapist can play whatever role they want, but they are met with God's wrath - revenge, jail time, karma, suffering, and death. No peace comes to a rapist.

2 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Really ask yourself if god doesn't love those things. Why would they exist if they were not in alignment with god.

I have asked myself these questions deeply for 5 years, on psychedelics, off psychedelics, journaling, and meditation.

I resolved that: God is transcendent, and therefore, has the capacity to endure and love reality even if the actions of the creation are rooted in creation's limited perspective. 

This is why suicide will never be holy. God doesn't suicide dude, he transcends all suffering, he doesn't need suicide because God is detached and yet totally present.

Suicide sounds like a good idea from a limited (ego) perspective grounded in thoughts which are grounded in limited experience, which are grounded in the nervous system. 

God loves Ted Bundy, but he doesn't love the actions of Ted Bundy. Moreover, Ted Bundy is not his actions, he committed those actions because he is so far away from Love. He was essentially "possessed by a feeling" grounded in his broken nervous system, and remember God is not a feeling, he transcends feelings. So to be with God or God-like is to transcend feelings, thoughts, and consciously will behavior that leads to well-being of another. That's real love, because God gave you love by giving you life and if God loves you like that, then to be God-like is to love others as God loves you. 

Evil is not in alignment with God. It is alignment with an ignorant ego that is insecure and doesn't know himself. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@Raptorsin7 so what you're saying then is.. God loves everything because everything serves a purpose, essentially.. yes? I have a follow up question.

What exactly is the purpose of everything? I mean you mentioned a neat story about a kidnapping and the opportunity to save a marriage which is all so fortunate in our human terms, but what is in it for God? Let me rephrase this like so.. how does our day-to-day purposeful life, as you claim, serve God? Or does God only love everything because everything serves us humans, on relative terms? 

Basically, I want to see how the relative connects with the absolute according to your logic. 

@SgtPepper I still think you're judging, you've just gotten more sophisticated in your judgments.

Idk what it would mean to live a life beyond morality, but as long as you categorize reality into good parts and bad parts, you will divide yourself and suffer it.

16 minutes ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

so what you're saying then is.. God loves everything because everything serves a purpose, essentially.. yes?

Yeah. And for the people who hold out and say no THIS or THAT is truly bad, they just haven't seen how it's serving the greater good and evolution.

17 minutes ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

What exactly is the purpose of everything?

I think the purpose is just to be ourselves in our true nature as unconditional love. And to love deeper and expand and evolve. But I'm not sure, this is just my thought. Maybe there isn't a  purpose, like it's a false question. Maybe the assumption that there has to be a purpose isn't true, but idk

31 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Rapist can play whatever role they want, but they are met with God's wrath - revenge, jail time, karma, suffering, and death. No peace comes to a rapist.

Obviously.

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@The0Self @SgtPepper If you could wouldn't you love the rapist no matter what he did.

Yes and I in fact do. Doesn't mean I accept their actions as perfectly okay in society -- that would likely be a sort of spiritual bypassing or denial.

@The0Self I'm saying it's love. I'm not saying anything about public policy.

My post is a trigger for anyone who hasn't resolved judgement, i don't know what this means with respect to policy, society, etc. 

Edited by Raptorsin7