Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

Entering Psychedelic-Like States While Sober

6 posts in this topic

Earlier today I was having an emotionally charged conversation about existential topics, and I started going on an unhinged rant.  Whenever I reached the point where I would sensibly stop, the person I was talking to told me to keep going.  So it kept getting crazier, and by the end I was talking about how all words and concepts were meaningless and how there was no difference between what was and wasn't real.  Then after that, it legitimately felt like I was on a low dose of mushrooms.  My body became very loose, I was laughing quite a bit, and I had difficulty forming complete sentences and keeping track of thoughts in the same way that mushrooms cause.  No visuals, so it's not HPPD. 

I'm worried psychedelics might be destabilizing my mind a bit.  My last trip was 5 days ago, but the one before that was a few months ago.  I'm wondering if this is cause for concern or just part of the process.

Probably just part of integration.. doesn't sound like you use it that often. I notice myself getting some dreams that are like my 'trips'. I would just keep observing and do what you feel comfortable with. The recommendation I got for mushrooms frequency (maximum) is once every week. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@puporing Yeah, I've had psychedelic dreams also, different from my actual trips though.  My friend also saw psychedelic mandala fractals randomly while on a hike today, but they went away afterwards.  I wonder if trace amounts of the chemical are still active days afterwards, or if neural pathways are opened up that can be triggered by stuff.

@bmcnicho Yeah that's totally possible - I haven't looked into the research yet on this maybe it's been studied. I definitely "feel like" some neural connections have been made compared to before I used any psychedelics... like things became more connected. Haha it's such a new thing and we're all experimenting. 

Leo was saying in his 28-day trip with 5-meo that towards the end he was 'tripping' without taking any more 5-meo, and in his sleep.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

This is not something to be  worried about.

You are in psychedic state anyways. The question is are you aware of it?

39 minutes ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

This is not something to be  worried about.

You are in psychedic state anyways. The question is are you aware of it?

Haha indeed, life is a whole big psychedelic trip ?

We just need to become aware of it.

I like that ??♾️?

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”