IamYou

Real vs Imaginary Distinction

96 posts in this topic

I can't tell what is real and what is imaginary anymore. Any suggestions? 

What is the distinction?

Edit: Adding definitions. Willing to change these

Working Definitions:

Real: Existing/happening beyond my limited perspective.

Imaginary: Existing/happening only in my imagination.

Ex. Trump becomes president. Is that a real event or an imaginary event?

Edited by IamYou

Can you start by giving a quick definition of what the words real and imaginary mean to you? 

Without that, the best anyone here can do is to give an approximate response based on our own definitions. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

7 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Can you start by giving a quick definition of what the words real and imaginary mean to you? 

Without that, the best anyone here can do is to give an approximate response based on our own definitions. 

Good idea I added some definitions.

@IamYou

From your definition nothing is real then, because nothing exists beyond your perspective.

Who told you that "others" are real?

So by limited perspective, do you mean what you experience right now in its entirety? 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Distinctions are what constitute everything.

It's not a bug that you can't tell what is real vs what is imaginary, it's a feature.

Whichever distinctions your mind makes and holds become your new reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, IamYou said:

Real: Existing beyond my perspective

There isn't anything that exists beyond your perspective. However, you imagine that they are entities other than you. A good way to articulate what I'm trying to say is that real life is exactly like in a video game. Where you're a real person in the game from your own perspective, and it seems like there are other people in the game but really it's just the appearance of a person. So a consequence of what I'm saying is that if you were to die(fully), we would all cease to exist because there's no longer a you here to imagine us. Now, this is where you'll get confused and say, that means from other people's perspectives they have no existence. This is false, certainly from my perspective, I exist within myself just as you do within yourself. But the version of me that exists from your perspective is not the same entity as the version of me that exists from my perspective. The version of me that exists for you is the one that would cease to exist if you were to die. The version of me I perceive of course would still exist.

20 minutes ago, IamYou said:

Imaginary: Existing only from my point of view

This is all-encompassing because you're everything. Researchers of QM are aware of this. They know for instance that the moon doesn't exist until you look upon it, then it ceases to exist when you look away. And is the very reason Albert Einstein had a hard time accepting QM, because he preferred to believe the dream of reality isn't a dream like most people would.

20 minutes ago, IamYou said:

Ex. Trump becomes president. Is that a real event or an imaginary event?

Physical reality itself is a dream, so Trump becoming President is imagined to be real within the dream.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

11 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@IamYou

From your definition nothing is real then, because nothing exists beyond your perspective.

Hmm. You can't see my hand right now but it does exist. So that seems to break your claim that nothing exists beyond your limited perspective.

12 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

So by limited perspective, do you mean what you experience right now in its entirety? 

Yes I mean everything I'm aware of right now.

@IamYou

No, that doesn't. The mistake you are making is that I would have experience and wouldn't just be words on your screen. You are assuming that "other" people aren't just lucid characters and you think that "life" is more real that the "dream at night". Do you really think that you aren't alone right HERE and NOW when you are reading these words? Of course, if I would exist then I would exist beyond your experience and you would exist beyond my experience, but I don't know if anyone of "us" told you yet, but we aren't real.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Distinctions are what constitute everything.

It's not a bug that you can't tell what is real vs what is imaginary, it's a feature.

Whichever distinctions your mind makes and holds become your new reality.

Well I want to make sure my distinctions are accurate.

I can either label the author of your response as real or imaginary. Which should I do?

2 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@IamYou

No, that doesn't. The mistake you are making is that I would have experience and wouldn't just be words on your screen. You are assuming that "other" people aren't just lucid characters and you think that "life" is more real that the "dream at night". Do you really think that you aren't alone right HERE and NOW when you are reading these words? Of course, if I would exist then I would exist beyond your experience and you would exist beyond my experience, but I don't know if anyone of "us" told you yet, but we aren't real.

But I do exist beyond your experience. I am real. You seem to be imagining that I am unreal.

4 minutes ago, IamYou said:

Yes I mean everything I'm aware of right now.

I know this seems impossible to you, but you've just described everything that exists.

1 minute ago, IamYou said:

Well I want to make sure my distinctions are accurate.

I respect your distortion towards being accurate.

I can either label the author of your response as real or imaginary. Which should I do?

You're God so whatever you label him as he is. However, you imagine him unconsciously to be things that are of course not conceptual but are prior to the human conceptual matrix.

@IamYou

I don't imagine anything, because I do not exist ... Don't you see it, you can't prove for yourself that I exist, because you can exist beyond me so why couldn't I exist beyond you, but the thing is that you first assumed that I exist and that assumption doesn't come from any ground.

Just now, IamYou said:

But I do exist beyond your experience. I am real. You seem to be imagining that I am unreal.

It seems the appearance of paradox prevents you from understanding what we're saying. We actual imagine that you're real, which is why that you are real. You aren't separate from us in truth but are us. If you can understand the following I believe it should be clear to you what I'm saying. There is only one here, not many. The one has divided itself into many by imagination.

3 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@IamYou

I don't imagine anything, because I do not exist ... Don't you see it, you can't prove for yourself that I exist, because you can exist beyond me so why couldn't I exist beyond you, but the thing is that you first assumed that I exist and that assumption doesn't come from any ground.

How do you respond to me if you don't exist? And why do you think that you don't exist?

Edited by IamYou

How do you respond to me if you don't exist? And why do you think that you don't exist?

There's no such thing as non-existence. What I believe they mean is that they are existing only within our imagination. Which is true, albeit they're articulating it in a way that confuses you.

7 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

It seems the appearance of paradox prevents you from understanding what we're saying. We actual imagine that you're real, which is why that you are real. You aren't separate from us in truth but are us. If you can understand the following I believe it should be clear to you what I'm saying. There is only one here, not many. The one has divided itself into many by imagination.

I understand there is only one of you and one of me. And I'm not real because you imagine me but because I am real. I am beyond your imagination. And one can't divide itself into many. One can only ever be oneself.

Edited by IamYou

@IamYou

How this is so hard NOW :D? When you are sleeping at night, does the other sleep characters have their own experience simultaneously happening and do they need it in order to answer to you? When you understand that they don't then ask the same question right NOW in the moment you purposely called life instead of dream. What I am trying to show you is that you are the only one conscious right NOW and that's why there is nothing outside of you.

Edited by Kksd74628

I understand there is only one of you and one of me.

Within the context of the human illusion this kind of logic is acceptable. But given the true nature of the universe it's in fact impossible as there is only one thing that exists.

2 minutes ago, IamYou said:

But I'm not real because you imagine me but because I am real.

That's true simply because you say so?

3 minutes ago, IamYou said:

I am beyond your imagination.

That's impossible, my imagination is infinite.

And one can't divide itself into many.

That's exactly what I've done.

One can only ever be oneself.

This is what the many actually are.