Rishabh R

What truth I am avoiding facing?

13 posts in this topic

By contemplating the above question I came to following conclusions:

.That there are unpleasant truths of my aspect

.I am lacking something (for example a relationship) that others are having and others are lacking something that I am having

.Yes I am single and I don't have any girlfriend

.Yes in career there are other people who are better than me 

.I am avoiding facing suffering

Any thoughts or something you all can add guys and  @Leo Gura?

Don't compare yourself to others. Bad habit. Dangerous habit. Be you. Carve your own path. 

You are you. Others are others. Learn to separate. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India you are right but I must also learn to accept the fact that there are people who are better than me and there are people who are worse than me in any particular domain of life.

@Rishabh R That's a good start. But your avoidance of truth goes much deeper than that. That is just the obvious stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you @Leo Gura but any more ways that how can I know I am facing or not facing the truth in case of comparison with others as I am a bit of confused in this case .

@Rishabh R Keep contemplating it. This is not about others. The answers are found within you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura and people  the results of further contemplating:

.My mother is no longer with me

.Yes there are problems in life

.People will treat me badly

.Truth will not go by my assumptions about truth

. Present experience is all that is

.Truth and my emotions could be inverse

@Rishabh R I am happy to see you value truth. Keep going. Truth is what we are left with. 

What sometimes helps me when contemplating psychological stuff is to imagine if I would still be doing something if everyone else was not. For example if majority was not chasing girlfriends, would I still be doing that etc.

Thank you @bejapuskas  ,@Esilda however we must try to keep this post alive so keep posting here people .As I would posting my results of further contemplating it.

@Rishabh R One principle I always follow and I think Leo has a video about this is that I expose myself to more experiences - things I know nothing about, go to events I might think are lame or uninteresting, talk to people who are very different from me. For example I went to a talk about African hairstyles because I didnt know much about them or I asked people who like shopping to take me with them to a shop and ask them why they like it. I realized I hated shopping because I did not pay attention to what I actually wanted to buy and instead just listened to what others said. Now I like shopping. That would be like surface level, but then I considered myself to be highly sexual, but then I spoke to a sex repulsed asexual aromantic person and that became like such a deep inquiry into the truth of my desires in life and it made so much stuff resurface.

Further answers after contemplating:

.I am a doormat

.Reality is head on

.I need to study

.I am avoiding truth all the time

.I am avoiding many undiscovered truths