Closed

Who's talking?

26 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2022 at 0:15 AM, Closed said:

I notice myself talking for hours without any ''input'' from me, so who could be talking then? Who's generating the words and putting them into coherent sentences for other people to understand?

Is there anything you can think of that requires input from you ? Or does everything happen by itself in a way ? You breathe all day without noticing. Is is you breathing when you don't notice ? Is it you breathing when you do ? Who exactly is breathing ? Sometimes you sometimes not ? You all the time ? Never you ?

If you question these things deep enough, whoever is talking may just come up with a convincing answer !

On 4/20/2022 at 5:15 PM, Closed said:

Who's generating the words and putting them into coherent sentences for other people to understand?

It is your mind. 

Mind is the awareness of the current experience, call it present moment, which includes the following elements: feelings, thoughts and perceptions.

Mind is a quality of consciousness, consciousness comes prior to anything...prior to mind. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Nice,

Here I would describe identification like an unexplored assumption or misunderstanding, a real & unreal experience.... J krishnamurti & Osho had a lot of great discussions in this area!

It seems difficult to point out because it's not a particular thing, it's a bunch of smaller things that seem to make up this big unreal identity construct.

And it's more of an internal recognition as opposed to an external behavioral change.

For example:  An apparent someone who recognizes their personalized identification as unreal, will still remember how to sell real estate, save money or operate a crane, still prefer white rice over brown or coffee over tea. What I'm saying is there will still seem to be a character with a personal identification or preferences. In other words it wouldn't be able to be pointed out!

As far as identification taking the form as nothing, well that just wouldn't be nothingness. But it could be a concept of it.

❤ 

Yes, I do agree with you in large. Preferences are still there after the realization but some preferences were only a part of the "identification construct" and these tend to fall away.

Some of these preferences that were a part of the construct does not fall away with the realization and needs further inquiry/investigation into. They might be recognized as a distraction from the realization itself and the uncomfortable feelings that comes up to the surface such as fear, anger and sadness.

And then theres the identification in the gut which can be recognized as contraction in the stomach area. That is the most fundamental part of identification which all parts of the construct revolves around.

I might have missed some significant information around identification but those are the broad strokes. 

In short I'd say, look for the contractions within the body and use them as a guide. These are the seats in which identification resides.

2 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes, I do agree with you in large. Preferences are still there after the realization but some preferences were only a part of the "identification construct" and these tend to fall away.

Some of these preferences that were a part of the construct does not fall away with the realization and needs further inquiry/investigation into. They might be recognized as a distraction from the realization itself and the uncomfortable feelings that comes up to the surface such as fear, anger and sadness.

And then theres the identification in the gut which can be recognized as contraction in the stomach area. That is the most fundamental part of identification which all parts of the construct revolves around.

I might have missed some significant information around identification but those are the broad strokes. 

In short I'd say, look for the contractions within the body and use them as a guide. These are the seats in which identification resides.

I really resonate with this...& agreed!!

Here is something I remembered hearing from that Samadhi film a few years back...kinda relevant!!

"The ego construct is nothing more than the impulse to repeat. It is simply the path that energy once took and the tendency for the energy to take that path again, whether it is positive or negative for the organism".

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I really resonate with this...& agreed!!

Here is something I remembered hearing from that Samadhi film a few years back...kinda relevant!!

"The ego construct is nothing more than the impulse to repeat. It is simply the path that energy once took and the tendency for the energy to take that path again, whether it is positive or negative for the organism".

❤ 

Great quote. Like a compulsiveness to the known and the avoidance of the unknown. ?

11 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Great quote. Like a compulsiveness to the known and the avoidance of the unknown. ?

Exactly, like creatures of habit!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi