PureExp

Paradox

7 posts in this topic

Paradox is fundamental. Existence is basically paradoxical. Lets see some examples.

• Existence is all that is out there, but it is also identical to the Self (consciousness) that's "in" here.
  • The Self is everything, it is infinite, but it is also a tiny point of nothingness.
  • The Self is pure emptiness, yet it is everything at the same time, there is no space in it.
  • There is unity, yet there is diversity.
  • The Self is changeless background which experiences change, yet it is change itself.
  • The world is illusory, yet there is nothing as solid as that.
  • Mind conceals our true nature, but its the mind that takes us back there.
  • Knowledge is ignorance, yet knowledge itself brings us out of ignorance.
  • Realization is effortless and most natural, easier than breathing, but it also take a lot of effort and is immensely difficult.
  • A seeker seeks that which he already is.
  • All there is, is perfection, yet we see all sorts of imperfections around us.

I'm sure there must be many more such paradoxes. The mind blowing thing is that we can see through them. IMO, these arise out of the limitations of mind, which tries to desperately make sense out of something which is beyond its capability, and lands into the pit of paradox instead. Those who think that they will find a definite answer to the hard questions will be disappointed. The answers are paradoxical, and sometimes there are no answers. Paradox appears as a rule rather than as exception. It is perfectly ok, but our mind is uncomfortable with it. The realization that (almost) everything is paradoxical, self contradictory, must be an indication of something. What is that something?

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

Nothing can be added to it, nothing can be substracted from it (Tawhid). Given its infinite character: everything can be added to it, everything can be substracted from it?

I'm wondering: are there realizations somewhere in infinity where it would  mean exactly the opposite? From a singularity perspective to a duality perspective? Is there more than duality? Is there triality? So is there more to it than Nothingness and Everythingness and Singularity? Would this not be possible within infinity?

Edited by Visionary

15 minutes ago, PureExp said:

(almost) everything is paradoxical

All truths  are always paradoxical, and remember: if truth is not paradoxical, then it is not truth at all, then it is something else.

The path to reality is full of paradoxes, hence the logical mind cannot comprehend it. Logic is incapable of understanding a paradox. Logic tries to dissolve all paradoxes, to make things straight, clear. But paradox is intrinsic to nature. Nature exists through contradictions. Contradictions are not really contradictions but complementaries.

Existence has no trouble with contradictions. It is the Aristotelian logic that is creating trouble for us.

2 hours ago, Visionary said:

I'm wondering: are there realizations somewhere in infinity where it would  mean exactly the opposite? From a singularity perspective to a duality perspective? Is there more than duality? Is there triality? So is there more to it than Nothingness and Everythingness and Singularity? Would this not be possible within infinity?

Interesting thoughts. You are surely thinking outside the box, a really good quality.

Answers to those questions lie squarely in the realm of unknownable. But then, we never know what can possibly become known someday :)

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

Having a realization of the true nature of existence includes having the realization that existence is fundamentally paradoxical in every imaginable way.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 27-1-2017 at 6:42 AM, PureExp said:

Interesting thoughts. You are surely thinking outside the box, a really good quality.

Answers to those questions lie squarely in the realm of unknownable. But then, we never know what can possibly become known someday :)

I was thinking man. These questions. They are implicitly nondualistic. By saying "IS there a triality" I actally refer to BEING. It's like you can't even imagine something outside of singularity/nonduality. It's impossible. Like this: is there something outside of being or not being? IS refers to being once again. 

Maybe once we'll have a good taste of true infinity we'll be able to have a look outside of it.