nexusoflife

Looking for Specific Video where Leo mentions Physical Side Effects of Awakening

12 posts in this topic

In one of Leo’s videos he mentioned a short story wherein he went to a retreat and he had a conversation with a person there. The person he spoke with told him about his past experiences at the retreat and how on one occasion he spent the night sick and vomiting due to the sheer intensity of his awakening.

I know there were more details of this story that Leo shared but I cannot seem to find the video where he recalled this story.

I thought that it would have been in the videos, “The Dangers Of Misapplying Spiritual Teachings” or “The Dangers Of Spiritual Work” however I was not able to find this recount in those videos. If anyone remembers which of his videos he mentions this story it would be greatly helpful.

Kundalini awakening side effects of some type are normal.  I had dizziness a few times.  No big deal. It passes.

I think that was one of the old epistemology episodes. Don't recall exactly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SeaMonster I know. I have experienced and navigated through kundalini awakenings before. However in more recent months as a result of shifting more into a nondual state of perception it feels as if my body has struggled to keep up. Despite the mental peace and equanimity I feel, the body is experiencing prolonged exhaustion and nausea more and more often whenever I do my nondual practices. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think that was one of the old epistemology episodes. Don't recall exactly.

I know! It was from the self deception video part 1 

@Leo Gura Ok. I will look through your videos on Epistemology. The reason I bring up your story with that person is because some of what you mentioned there lined up with what I have been experiencing lately. As a result of shifting into a nondual place of perception in the past 6 months or so my mind has been at peace and equanimous however it is my body has struggled to keep up with the transformation. Prolonged exhaustion and nausea arise whenever I engage in my usual nondual practices.

Do you remember any more of your exchange with this person, and why did their awakening trigger their physiology in such a way? 

1 hour ago, nexusoflife said:

@SeaMonster I know. I have experienced and navigated through kundalini awakenings before. However in more recent months as a result of shifting more into a nondual state of perception it feels as if my body has struggled to keep up. Despite the mental peace and equanimity I feel, the body is experiencing prolonged exhaustion and nausea more and more often whenever I do my nondual practices. 

I would get a medical check-up to rule out any physical health issues, including vitamin deficiencies, but if everything checks out ok, just ride it out.  The ego likes to play these games to get you to stop.

2 hours ago, nexusoflife said:

Do you remember any more of your exchange with this person, and why did their awakening trigger their physiology in such a way?

You are projecting into that example and making more out of it than was said.

The point of that example was simply to say that if it was revealed to you how much you've been fooling and lying to yourself your whole life, all in one go, it would make you want to vomit. That's all.

That example is not going to help you deal with your issues. Contemplate your issue specifically, rather than comparing to my stories.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.