Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Forgiving God

8 posts in this topic

Was reading in a book about self forgiveness the importance of forgiving God.  It was a good realization/ reminder that forgiving the universe, forgiving God is an important aspect of forgiving yourself and others.

Lately, I’ve been dealing with a bit of an internal backlash about my failures, challenges and setbacks. I noticed how much forgiveness and acceptance work I have ahead of me. 

I have so much love to give. First to give it to myself.

I will continue to forgive God, to accept reality and to create a beautiful existence. I also find there are a lot of great Christian stories (dualistic I know) but they carry good ideas about creating a relationship with Gods love despite all the suffering God created, or allowed. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

God did not create evil, he created humans with free will who wanted to be God themselves and seperated themselves from life with God and thats why humanity is corrupted, AkA the Fall.

If you study Jesus you will clearly see that this man incarnated for your salvation, for your deification.

" I am the way, the truth, the life, no one comes to the father except through me"

Takes those words seriously and you will see profound changes in your life.

I suggest the Jesus prayer which you can pray constantly and it will produce profound states as well.

" Lord Jesus christ, son of God, have mercy on me"

This is a prayer to be repeated, pray without ceasing.

Then the praying and words will ultimately dissapear but you are lifted up to the presence of God.

Christianity has both dual/non dual in its theology, it is a trinity which transcends both duality and non duality.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

forgiving is endorsing the indisputable perfection of the now no matter what happened

forgiveness frees the forgiver more than the forgiven

2 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

God did not create evil

God create evil , and loves evil. 

evil, struggle, corruption, are necessary. without them reality would be an undifferentiated unit. the moment there is time, evil appears. evil is selfishness, and even a proton is selfish, otherwise it would stop being a proton. enlightenment is accepting and loving evil. You don't need to forgive god, only understand. 

everything negative that has happened to you is a gift that brings richness to your individual existence. Jesus finds glory being crucified. being one with everything, eternal pure happiness, is very good, but is it... boring? God likes to party, to give all of itself. and suffering is essential for it

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

God create evil , and loves evil. 

evil, struggle, corruption, are necessary. without them reality would be an undifferentiated unit. the moment there is time, evil appears. evil is selfishness, and even a proton is selfish, otherwise it would stop being a proton. enlightenment is accepting and loving evil. You don't need to forgive god, only understand. 

everything negative that has happened to you is a gift that brings richness to your individual existence. Jesus finds glory being crucified. being one with everything, eternal pure happiness, is very good, but is it... boring? God likes to party, to give all of itself. and suffering is essential for it

God is allowing evil for bringing the good out of it.

He has not created some evil for the sake of boredom.

Man is corrupted and needs to purify his nous in order to understand that evil is a privation of being, like an negative existence.

A saint is never evil, look at the saints.

You saying God loving evil is a cop out in order that you can avoid working on your own selfishness, it is exactly that which got us into trouble in the first place, we want to be God and we try to take His place and when we do that we sin and cause suffering on earth because we can't handle it.

Jesus is the fufillment of the promises God had made to the people of Israel and also the world.

Jesus purpose of incarnating is to destroy death and show who the Father is.

There is something as morality or conscience which is imprented on your being, God is calling his people.

Christ has died on the cross to lead us into immortality.

He shows us the way to eternal life, but people will hate you for it in this world because it is fallen.

It is your metaphysics and theology of an undiffirentiated unity which is a pure monism philosophy which we dont agree with at all.

You live and have communion with the living Personal God and your Person does not annihilate itself but becomes Divine and participates in God's energies. 

A proton is not selfish, a proton is an unconcious force set in motion to do its work according to the plan of the Logos.

We humans are supposed to be kings, but we act like losers. 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 I personally find that a bit dualistic. I appreciate Many Christian teachings however.

God created everything because the creation and creator are one. …

What some ‘saints’ have done i their time would be ‘evil’ to modern man. 

Evil is something you project o to reality because you are selfish and biased.

Christ is something your imagining right now.

Christ’s dying on the cross, unfortunately the way many christians act… is a shame if what you are claiming is true. Someone dying on a cross, will not enlighten you.

I find many of the Christian parables very insightful and enjoyable.

I consider Jesus a prophet, and I believe there have been will be many more prophets.

All is one. An ego, finite and selfish being needs to forgive God. God understands.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

A proton is not selfish

God is allowing evil for bringing the good out of it.

He has not created some evil for the sake of boredom.

I said boredom a bit paraphrasing Leo putting an ?, since when I read that idea I thought it was nonsense but now I understand. more than boredom, variety, creation, passion, depth. the unit is equal, without difference. multiplicity requires selfishness. it is selfishness that creates it. a proton is selfish, or a bacterium or a tree. there is nothing wrong with selfishness. only in humans, when the ego mind is created, selfishness becomes a cancer that makes the individual attack himself. the message of christ you speak of is: turn the other cheek. accept your pain. love him remain selfish as an individual, but dissolve your ego mind, stop rebelling against what is, and enter the kingdom of heaven...if you want to stop suffering. If not, continue suffering. At the end, the only important is the creation, the multiplicity, the manifestation of passion 

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

find many of the Christian parables very insightful and enjoyable.

Me too, there is truth explained masterfully and profoundly in Christianity