Soulbass

45 Min Meditation A Day / 2 Months

52 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2017 at 9:19 PM, Soulbass said:

It should be more like a 24/7 practice, with an emphasis on the 45 mins/day.

That's too much pressure. As long as you're doing the 45 minutes, you're good! Put things into perspective! Imagine how awesome you're life is going to be if you keep this habit for 5 years.

When this 60 days meditation journal is over, I'll create a new one for "mastering astral projection - 90 day guide to out of body experience" by Robert Bruce & Brian Mercer.

Day 20 : Meditation went ok.

Edited by Soulbass

Day 21 : Meditation went good. I notice meditation can be passive or active, so to speak, like "trying hard" or "waiting for the timer to ring" but a lot of things happens in my head/consciousness. Some random thoughts, but also feelings, struggles, in the waiting of the end of the timer. I'm happy to notice this emotion.

index.jpg

Edited by Soulbass

This is subjective feelings, may it be totally deluded, neurotic, or whatever :

Tonight a shift occurred, like if I switched from a reality to another.

I had this feeling yesterday, but it confirmed in the dream.

I dreamed of various negative situations that occurred in my life past weeks.

The "switch" is that a different "Soulbass" were living another life while I was living the negative one, I switched to another "Soulbass" reality.

Things happen simultaneously, and we choose which one to actualize.

Again, it's very subjective and 98% of it is irrational, it's hard to put words on it.

Here is the music I listen atm :

@Soulbass I'm also focusing on creating a meditation habit and i'd love to discuss forming habits and meditation. I realize that the best way to implement a habit is for you to customize it in your own way. I started meditating three times a day and I do guided meditations in the morning, at noon, and in the evening and that helps me break my meditation records. I realize that I get excited to meditate and i've had some AMAZINGLY deeply relaxing meditation experiences. 

Day 22 : Meditation went right.

Day 23 : Meditation went right.

Edited by Soulbass

Day 24 : Meditation went right.

Day 25 : Meditation went right.

I know from various people that it's possible to see the "information" behind the appearances, so once I removed this limited belief and experiment with it, I think that maybe I grasp a little bit of the "invisible" which is feelings/emotional.

Thanks @Zane for the suggestions.

I'll be back to work soon, so I'll have to split my meditation practice into smaller sessions :

(I'll experiment with guided meditation or not, but it seems to work well in the morning, when the mind is flexible, which is a good time for vision & visualization. At the end of the day, the mind feel more rigid, so it's maybe a proper time for regular "do nothing").

- 25 minutes morning.

- 25 minutes mid-day.

- 25 minutes evening.

Edited by Soulbass

Day 26 : Meditation went right.

Day 27 : Meditation went right.

I found 2 exercises which are helpful for contemplating time & space :

- While walking in the street, notice that there is no point A or point B, there is no distance to travel, but it's just the street moving relatively, it's subjective perceptions. Well, hard to explain since English is not my native language, but I think the one who perceive, is always the center, even if it seems like we came across the street.

- Same thing for time : we don't went through times, over past life time, but time unfold on it's own, it's always changing (impermanence).

Edited by Soulbass

Days 28, 29, 30 : Went right.

My watch have a count-down timer which can be paused, so that I can split my meditation practice across the day.

I feel more "centered" as I'm going further into meditation practice, events in life seems more "peripheral" but also I'm very happy to enjoy them.

Edited by Soulbass

Ouch... now that I'm back to my old favorite 9-5 work (cg animator) I wonder when I'll find time to meditate.

The schedule is not that busy, and my apartment is near the work place, but I would like to spend the few hours I have @ the evening for working on my stuff (music production).

I haven't meditated yet, so I'm going now for a 45 mins session.

Day 31 : Meditation went right, I guess.

I realize that the words "dream" or "reality" are just floating labels, and that I know nothing.

Thanks @dude for sharing some shit, I liked a lot this song :

Edited by Soulbass

I haven't meditated the past 2 days. Cause : busy schedule and lack of time management.

Btw, I'm motivated.

Maybe I start getting a little bit afraid of the power of meditation, and what it reveals.

Tomorrow it's Sunday, I don't have excuses for not meditating.

On 2/22/2017 at 5:58 PM, Soulbass said:

My watch have a count-down timer which can be paused, so that I can split my meditation practice across the day.

Have you seen the app "Insight Timer"?

16 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Have you seen the app "Insight Timer"?

@Gabriel Antonio I don't have smartphone, but one day maybe.

My old B2710 run well, and have 2 weeks battery life.

Thanks

Edited by Soulbass

Day 32 (I don't count the days I missed) : meditation went right.

I felt more relaxed after few minutes, I had business ideas, then monkey mind.

I notice that this session, like many other, were going very well at the beginning, and the more it goes, the more monkey mind appear.

Edited by Soulbass

Day 33 : Meditation went right. I found a place at work where I can isolate myself for meditation, during mid-day lunch break.

Day 34 : Meditation went right.

20 mins morning, 20 mins mid-day, 20 mins evening.

It's totally different than 45 mins straight / day.

Edited by Soulbass

Day 35 : Meditation went right. 40 mins mid-day & 20 mins evening.

Yesterday : No meditation (fail). I was too sleepy after work, and I went to sleep early.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This night, I had some half lucid dreams, where I attempted to RC (reality check) with finger-palm push method. It didn’t worked, even if my hand was blurry and stretched + various dream signs in the scene, I wasn’t able to figure out the state of dream. I have to find another RC (I have an SQ8 camera that I’ll wear around my neck everyday, like this I could shot dream signs… capturing dream signs would help being aware).

These last couples of days, I didn’t performed RC properly, but I was like “what’s the matter”. I have watched the first part of the holographic universe documentary (link bellow) and I just consider we everyday life experience as a dream, exept that we are “stuck” and “shaped” in ground/clay :

$_3.JPG?set_id=2

I didn’t wanted to perform reality check because I was aware of the “natural” state of reality, which blurs frontier between dream & reality. I’d better call it “tonal” & “nagual” like shamans do.

Last days, when I talked to someone about metaphysical/spiritual things, I took care of not being lost in thoughts, and actually experience this conversation as if it would be a dream, which totally changed my mind, sayings, and way to think about things. Complex discussions about metaphysics are pointless, I let place for “being” (the communication happen even if no words are spoken, directly about this topic).

It’s common in lucid dreaming that a beginner try to talk, or convince other people about the nature of the dream. Dream characters often deny, it’s a dead-end. Sometimes it happen that someone more experienced come to talk to the dreamer and say “yeah, you are dreaming, wake-up” or help a little bit. I had this feeling few time, when people with “cosmic” abilities talked to me, like reading my thoughts, etc, etc. I asked to one of them (on dreamviews’s chat) “but, who are you in the end ?” he answered “we are helping each other” so I think it’s consciousness looking backward.

Link to the holographic universe documentaries (5 parts) :

Edited by Soulbass