Raptorsin7

Monogamy or Polyamory

46 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Ancient Egypt has almost nothing in common with what's conventionally thought of as tribes in Africa. In the time of Alexander the Egyptians were more similar to areas like Rome and Carthage in terms of their population. 

Apparently ancient India had flying cars and nuclear power, that may be a better example

Population size is not a descriptor of how similar something is. That's like saying India and China are more similar because of their population.

Similarity is based on what are all the factors they share in common and population would only be ONE factor. This argument doesn't even hold....not even sure how you could type this and think "There that is a good point."

To say civilizations are similar you would have to show deeper factors such as the culture, things like government, religion, technology, interpersonal relationships. Also your last point about conventional tribes. What is a conventional tribe? I notice people like to use words and cannot even explain what they mean. So please explain to me what a conventional tribe is. Hint: There are no conventional tribes. You could easily call America a conventional tribe. 

According to Merriam: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tribalism

All tribalism is, is strong ingroup loyalty. In America we are separated by various tribes today. There is the Democratic Tribe, the Republican Tribe, The LBGTQ tribe, The Black Tribe, the White Tribe, the Educated Tribe, The Uneducated Tribe, The Atheist Tribe, The Christian Tribe etc etc.

You could actually make more of an argument of the similarity of ALL human civilizations in my opinion versus any differences. For example do you know that basically any nation that currently exists has had civil war? Literally the steps of advancement in human civilization virtually the same. This is why Spiral Dynamics even exists because you track human development across the world and you will see MORE similarities than differences.

This is in alignment with Spirituality that teaches everything is one and only difference in degree.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

12 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

I honestly think everyone has the potential to leave anyone at any given time in the relationship - we are only humans after all, and none of us is perfectly loyal/good. And if someone claims he/she is perfectly loyal/honest, then I call BS on that. So, it's hard to say whether that relationship should've ended, or not. Maybe the relationship got boring, stale, there was not enough connection, or maybe none of those happened. IDK.

However, relationships should definitely end better than this. Better just observe the signs early on, and end it prematurely, rather than letting disfunctional relationship drag on. Many people are not wise enough to do this.

Also, definitely would not go to these parties? Just like I wouldn't bring my gf to a Vegas club. All kinds of sketchy MFs out there. Not really jelaous, but not stupid either.

At the very least this kind of stuff builds resilience.

If you can handle your girlfriend leaving you in sex positive festival you are on resilient mofo

Edited by Raptorsin7

1 minute ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Honestly, not sure if resilience is a good quality to strive for, when it comes to relationships - that's supposed to be an area where you want to be vulnerable with others. Sounds like this would cause some unnecessary, and otherwise relatively easily avoidable trauma.

I've been made fun of for stuff I can't control my whole life, I've been beaten, I saw murders, I've killed animals myself, I've been socially isolated and depressed, and got out of that hole... myself? I think I've got a fair ammount of resilience already. Don't really want that much more.

That's a fair point.

I guess it's one of those things it would be great to avoid, but it's also nice to know you have the capacity to handle the more difficult parts of life

Both can work, both have their pros and cons. It's about finding what aligns with you and your partner(s).

It's gonna be difficult either way. There is no easy fix to relationships. They require work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Both can work, both have their pros and cons. It's about finding what aligns with you and your partner(s).

It's gonna be difficult either way. There is no easy fix to relationships. They require work.

I totally agree. I've experienced both, committed monogamy and committed polyamory, both consciously, at other times very ego-driven.

The lesson I got after all of this: some people are genuinely and inherently built for either one, a very small percentage is compatible with both, in the same way, some people inherently like men, others women, and some all of them.

The curious thing I noticed, as far as I can judge, just like sexual gender preferences, this inclination doesn't really change over time. This notion that it depends on the stage of life you find yourself in, or even moral development, is just cultural legacy conditioning and not at all congruent with my observation.

Get to know yourself sexually and romantically, and then just be sincere with it! There are conscious and unconscious, ethical and unethical ways to express every model of relationship. My best wishes!

Edited by Thorsten Fuzzi

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

+1

On 4/7/2022 at 2:36 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

What is the wiser or higher conscious approach to sexual relationships?

I think this is gonna work out different for each individual, experience here for me is gonna be king always. I tried once a polyamory relationship with 3 girlfriends at the same time (each of them knew about each other but never met) and it din’t last long, like a month or so, I felt it was too much overwhelmed on a energy/emotional level, hard to point out a specific emotion but I remember I was feeling stress out and a bit lost or confuse. I even got jeleous a few times while I had 3 people? Something wasn’t right so I ended up staying just with one (maybe was a fear of losing my options).

Maybe in the future I might try out a threesome relationship and we all know and share with each other. Because on the previous one well, if the other people is also sleeping with the other people, it can get very messy and sticky, pun itended hehe. I felt I was holding a weight of emotions with these partners back then, I had to divide and organice my time with all 3 and it was of course time and energy consuming, so I stayed monogamous since then.