Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueOak

ISIS Regrowing

4 posts in this topic

Vice as usual come out with a good piece.

The main point to make is the trouble in Syria isn't done yet, not by a long shot, nor is Afghanistan or by extension the surrounding countries like Iraq or Pakistan.

A few things come to mind. This particular regrowth of Isis may be happening to destabilized Russian influence in these regions, and that's why its not being stopped. Alternatively it may be that Syria is destabilized enough, it'll be a ground for this regardless of what anyone else does. Third point is, as the US influence in the region is removed, the Russian influence is also going to end up collapsing, for it to become a natural islamic state anyway. 

To be obviously specific the Russians prefer Autocrats, the Americans democrats, but what might come out of this region in the next generations is neither. 

This seems quite frustrating.  I knew ISIS was still out there in parts of Africa as well.  There was a massive lie that Trump defeated ISIS, but they were never gone.  Biden did similar by focusing on the leader, which is far from all that is needed.  Lies like these only serve to help ISIS regrow while being politically expedient.

This will only further confound the water wars on top of the oil wars in regions especially susceptible to these ideologies.  The middle East seems to be the worst place in the world to live and is only getting worse.  The mission of anybody living there should be to leave.  I wonder how I would feel about life if I was unable to manipulate my way out of that situation.  We feel like victims in America because of the poultry wages.  Sometimes I wonder if life is worth living if I am going to be a mediocre and insignificant person who bags groceries until I get old and die.

Although the ideology is dangerous, they seem to find a sense of purpose and a reason to keep living.  We live in different realities in which I would kill myself over much less.  This is one way to demonstrate how people don't have control over their values as this depends on the environment.

On 06/04/2022 at 5:37 AM, trenton said:

The middle East seems to be the worst place in the world to live and is only getting worse.  The mission of anybody living there should be to leave.

You're absolutely right! And I am working on it.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)