Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kshantivadin

Semen Retention: how to stop nocturnal emissions

10 posts in this topic

I have been practicing SR for years yet still haven't found a proper way to prevent wet dreams. There is no reason for me to want them. I can feel the consequences of it the next day despite it being way less harmful than wakeful releasing. It beats the point of "cultivation" for me if the semen is going to be released during the night. I derive no benefit from it whatsoever.

There are certain guidelines which I adhere to, of course, yet there are so many factors. It's truly frustrating. Example: yesterday I ate beans+tofu for dinner (hearthy meal) and of course I have a wet dream. Sometimes a full colon presses other organs. At least a full bladder is easier to manage.

Hopefully a veteran will stumble upon this thread.

Thank you! :x

37 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

I have no clue how I missed your thread. I searched the whole forum.

I have tried and practice most of these methods. Wet dreams don't go away. They definitely are not full, charged orgasms and ejaculations, but are still detrimental. It happens to me 3x a week on average... A couple of days ago I had my first true sleeping NEO.

Thank you!

@Kshantivadin what is it you are trying to accomplish?  do you engage in sex with a partner and ejaculate there (and just want to cut out wet dreams) or are you trying to prevent any and all ejaculation whatsoever?  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think it depends on how clean your mind is. If it's full of lust you won't be able to stop wet dreams from manfesting. Purification of the mind is the key. For this there are many ways.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

19 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Kshantivadin [...] or are you trying to prevent any and all ejaculation whatsoever?  

Yes. But I'm good on all fronts except the dream-world.

18 hours ago, something_else said:

This just sounds so neurotic to me. Maybe I'm missing something, idk

It's a sense of urgency, respect and striving. On the contrary, abstaining for a prolonged period of time forces one to face one's own neuroses, as a result of not having a way for the energy to get out the easy way.

39 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

abstaining for a prolonged period of time forces one to face one's own neuroses,

Fair enough for the abstaining part, but looking for ways to stop wet dreams because you’re so obsessed with semen retention seems neurotic

If wet dreams were harmful to you then that mechanism would not be built into men

1 hour ago, something_else said:

If wet dreams were harmful to you then that mechanism would not be built into men

Notice the assumptions - assumption of a mechanism, assumption of something "built into" something.

It's not a question of harmfulness or harmlessness - it's a question of purpose, and a question of what works. Retaining works. As time passed, abstaining expanded into retaining. and now the scope of retention has broadened into the bardo of dream as well.

12 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

Notice the assumptions - assumption of a mechanism, assumption of something "built into" something.

It's not a question of harmfulness or harmlessness - it's a question of purpose, and a question of what works. Retaining works. As time passed, abstaining expanded into retaining. and now the scope of retention has broadened into the bardo of dream as well.

Ok dude, whatever works for you, good luck :D