Preety_India

Why is Indian society so judgmental?

47 posts in this topic

Being tickled < eating too spicy < hitting your pinky < not eating all day <being rejected < being rejected by someone you love < heartbrake < being shouted at as a kid everyday < being raped < being abused as kid sometimes < being abused as a kid everyday < being tortured 

There is a spectrum of pain. Each of them is possible to let go of. Each of them is possible not to identify as yourself. After each of them you can hold your head upright and not be a victim and forgive. I am not saying this is easy. It is the hardest thing. But it is possible. Maybe it is possible to let go of the "being judged woman"?  Everyone has their identities to let go of before we dig to our inner happiness. I had to let go of being a kid of a narcisistic mother. I did it. It is worth it. Good luck Preety <3.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

7 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Being tickled < eating too spicy < hitting your pinky < not eating all day <being rejected < being rejected by someone you love < heartbrake < being shouted at as a kid everyday < being raped < being abused as kid sometimes < being abused as a kid everyday < being tortured 

There is a spectrum of pain. Each of them is possible to let go of. Each of them is possible not to identify as yourself. After each of them you can hold your head upright and not be a victim and forgive. I am not saying this is easy. It is the hardest thing. But it is possible. Maybe it is possible to let go of the "being judged woman"?  Everyone has their identities to let go of before we dig to our inner happiness. I had to let go of being a kid of a narcisistic mother. I did it. It is worth it. Good luck Preety <3.

Sexual assault is not something as simple as "let go of" 

I guess it's no worth speaking to people who stand like brick walls. 

I'm frankly ashamed. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Benton no I feel like you are hurting me and the fact that you are bipolar is making me extremely nervous right now, because my mother was bipolar. 

Bipolar people tend to drive me off the edge but you can still talk to me, if you are ready to be patient with me. But be careful you could re-traumatize me by touching my wounds. 

By the way you are no way similar to me. 

I'm going to be extremely defensive, remember that. 

Edited by Preety_India

32 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Sexual assault is not something as simple as "let go of" 

I do not think letting go is easy and I did not try to suggest that. 

I wrote:

I am not saying this is easy. It is the hardest thing. But it is possible.

But letting go and forgiving is the only option other than suffering, the choice is yours.

Where is your border? What of these activities that I wrote for example you would be capable of letting go and which would be too hard? The point is to push that border further and further in your life. Letting go is not easy. It is powerful though.

Edited by Arthogaan

Just now, Arthogaan said:

Where is your border? What of these activities that I wrote for example you would be capable of letting go and which would be too hard? The point is to push that border further and further in your life. Letting go is not ease. It is powerful though.

I'm not looking for a closure for my problems, that would be rather easy. You want a society where victims are healing and new victims are being created again? If I have children in the future, would I want my daughter to suffer the same fate that I suffered? 

Is it entitled to ask for a society to wake up and pay its dues and make its members feel loved, accepted and safe and not shamed, judged, abused or forgotten or denied justice. 

Just asking for a society to show more empathy and create a better place so that there will be less victims and more safe people. 

Asking for a toxic society to change is wrong now? 

Many years ago workers were treated inhumanely in industries and then with the establishment of worker's unions, workers rights were recognized and better laws were made that protected them from abuse and exploitation and their conditions were improved so with time there were less victims. Isn't this how social change occurs. 

Why is that wrong? 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

s it entitled to ask for a society to wake up and pay its dues and make its members feel loved, accepted and safe and not shamed, judged, abused or forgotten or denied justice. 

Just asking for a society to show more empathy and create a better place so that there will be less victims and more safe people. 

Asking for a toxic society to change is wrong now? 

This is a beautiful intention Preety. And Lettin go of our pain/victimhood is precisely how we achieve that. You are a part of society. And you are the only part of society that you can actually change. So change yourself. Thats how you change the world.

You see, when someone is abused, when he will not heal, not forgive, not let go his victimhood he is much more likely to be harsh to others. He will see a danger everywhere and will project and he will be toxic. I had problem trusting. I was in victim-consciousness, and because of that I was salty, closed-minded and selfish. 

Radiating love, forgiveness and letting go of our pain is the only way we can transmute the society. <3

India still has a fucking caste system.. this alone should tell you about India's level of development.  You should not expect much good from this place.

What's worse.. in many parts of the country they literally shit in a bag and toss it out the window (not even medieval europe was this bad).  Judgmental people are the least of your troubles with the country.  Complain about literal human shit in the streets, fix that, and then you can complain about the character of the people.

Edited by thisintegrated