Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon_Bundesen

Difficulty finishing the life purpose course

6 posts in this topic

I don't know how much time I've spent in total on the life purpose course but it's been a couple of months I'm at the making it the real stage where I'm writing down my limiting beliefs and why they're not real and doing this daily. The problem I have is that I'm so resistant to doing it, I normally schedule out 30 mins but that has gone down to 5 mins where I feel like quitting and don't even start. I'm in high school and have reasonably good time to work on the course when I get home but just can't.

My question is how do I make myself less resistant to doing the work? Should I maybe do it every other day to be less resistant towards it? (I even heard of people finishing the course in like 2 weeks where they put a lot of time into it every day without procrastinating)

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

57 minutes ago, Jon_Bundesen said:

My question is how do I make myself less resistant to doing the work?

I can not answer this question because it's the wrong question.

The question should be: how do I stop seeing resistance as a problem?

I'll share some wisdom with you: resistance correlates with importance.

Therefore, you can use it for your own good: simply do what you are most resistant to, first, because that's usually the most important.

Everything is here to help you.

Including resistance.

Next time you feel resistance, thank it for showing you what you really need to do, and get going.

The alternative is to be a victim of resistance, viewing it as a problem, avoiding it, and let it defeat you.

That's the start of a dark path of life long procrastination, mediocrity and mental suffering, my guess is you wouldn't be on this forum if that's what you wanted.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

5 hours ago, flowboy said:

I can not answer this question because it's the wrong question.

The question should be: how do I stop seeing resistance as a problem?

I'll share some wisdom with you: resistance correlates with importance.

Therefore, you can use it for your own good: simply do what you are most resistant to, first, because that's usually the most important.

Everything is here to help you.

Including resistance.

Next time you feel resistance, thank it for showing you what you really need to do, and get going.

The alternative is to be a victim of resistance, viewing it as a problem, avoiding it, and let it defeat you.

That's the start of a dark path of life long procrastination, mediocrity and mental suffering, my guess is you wouldn't be on this forum if that's what you wanted.

??

Honestly don’t overthink it. How badly do you want to know your life purpose? You have to want it really really bad. Anything less than that you’ll make excuses. 

"You Create Magic" 

This video by David Maloney really helped:

https://youtu.be/SuX_42svEz8

I found out through journaling why I felt resistance towards writing down why my limiting beliefs aren't true.

The answer I concluded was because It was boring and tedious and I thought I had to be excited and really motivated about it but sometimes there are just things In life we aren't that excited about but still have to do.

Hope it makes sense to yall that have the same problem <3

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

When it came to stuff I had to study that I had a lot of resistance to, I would use the Pomodoro technique. (25 minutes studying with absolutely NO distractions and 5 minutes break) 

AND I would track my progress my moving physical objects like magnets, or objects in glass jars, that way my subconscious could see me making progress. I would also give myself big checkmarks on a Calander every day I put time in. 

Scheduling very specific times to get on it is very important too. This will mitigate procrastination. 

FORCE YOURSELF to set a goal, to set a time. 

Most of the resistance in just in starting the practice. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.