michaelcycle00

What decided God's ultimate attributes?

5 posts in this topic

Seems like pretty much everyone who's had awakenings in this forum agrees that God has certain attributes that are undeniable. Some of them being:

-Infinite 

-All Love

-Non-dual

-Dreamer

-Omni-potent-scient-present

-Essentially made of nothing at all, not being located anywhere or anywhen.

-Is in an ever going dance between manifest and unmanifest

-ONE, absolute, nothing outside of itself.

These are the ones I got off the top of my head. Anyway, based on this I wonder for what reason does it have to be this way? And is it actually this way or these "attributes" I speak of are just what is shown to us... as insane and grandiose as they may seem to us, they could just be that to us. I understand God was never born so it may be unexplainable through the use of language but maybe we can pick on a few things to try to get even if just a shallow understanding of the thing. I've noticed the logic that's used here to try to explain God usually goes something like "there's something because nothing needs a contrast" or "actual nothingness (no existence at all, even if just conceptual and relative) cannot exist" or "God is infinite and limitless because there's nothing outside of itself to limit it" but really, aren't these all limitations? Aren't attributes, no matter how absolute, a limitation as well?

Think about how only the present moment exists, no matter what it shapeshifts into... How does God even think to itself or know what it wants to turn into? How does it pull out what it wants to be or experience from an infinity of finite "dreams"? Does it just choose sort of like randomly because it's all "love" (which is probably more like just total acceptance) so whatever it pulls out from his infinity he will experience and is okay, so if he were to pull out (and I'm obviously being biased with this example) the life of a human in the Middle East who will be raped, tortured and suffer like hell slowly losing his family one by one and after that be mutilated by a terrorist group, then that's it? That's what it (God) received out of his infinite magic dream box so that's what will play out. Is this more or less how God "thinks" and "acts"? (dual-language, I know). I don't know how else to frame this honestly. I get that I simply can't grasp it, but maybe some of you have gotten some takeaways about this on your trips; would love to know your thoughts. 

As a side note, if I'm neither in America nor Europe do they not exist? The war between Russia and Ukraine is all a story that never happened and is currently not happening?

The way I think of it, the attributes of the Absolute arise from it being the groundless ground of all of existence.  When asking why something is the way it is, if you come up with some cause, that cause will itself require an additional explanation.  This creates a chain that can continue indefinitely.  

Hypothetically, the chain could be ended by some sort of universal finite limit that’s completely arbitrary and exists for no reason.  But if you don’t believe that’s possible, then the alternative is that at the fundamental level everything is true at once.  I believe the other properties of the Absolute are a natural consequence of this fundamental idea in various ways

Edited by bmcnicho

1 hour ago, michaelcycle00 said:

ONE, absolute, nothing outside of itself.

You already answered your own question.

God is all that is. God can't come from anything except God.

Anything else and you end up with a "turtles all the way down" problem.

Concepts like "random" can't exist outside of time. Think about bingo balls. Without a past or future, how would you know if God is drawing B12 or O72 in which order? If God played bingo, he would simultaneously draw every number and fill every possible bingo card in existence and yell bingo on all of them simultaneously.

There can't be a first or a last.

I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. (Revelation 22:13)

God said unto Moses, "I AM THAT I AM" (Exodus 3:14)

Possible other Hebrew translations: "I will become what I choose to become", "I will be what I will be", "I create what(ever) I create", or "I am the Existing One".

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58) (Notice the fuckery of God using present-tense to describe a past event.)

As a side note, if I'm neither in America nor Europe do they not exist? The war between Russia and Ukraine is all a story that never happened and is currently not happening?

It's way more limited than even that. When you close your blinds, the outside world ceases to exist. If you're sitting alone in a room right now with the blinds and door closed, your room is literally the entire universe. Even the rest of your house doesn't exist. Your room is all that is and has ever been in this present moment, forever, for infinity.

Everything about how you got to this room is just a story. If you don't see your mom right now, she doesn't exist, she never existed, and she never gave birth to you. You never went to school, your school doesn't exist. You've never met a girl, girls outside of this room don't exist except as an idea.

If a nuclear explosion breaks through your roof into the room right now, that exists. There's still no Russia that caused it, it just exists.

When you hear the rumble of the nuclear explosion coming in the distance from behind your wall before it hits, the noise exists. But is there an actual nuclear explosion at that point causing the noise, or does the noise just exist independently?

Edited by Yarco

Anyway, based on this I wonder for what reason does it have to be this way?

Because that's what unlimitedness must be.

All of its attributes stem from the fact that there is nothing outside of reality to limit reality.

And is it actually this way or these "attributes" I speak of are just what is shown to us... as insane and grandiose as they may seem to us, they could just be that to us.

No, these attributes are Absolute. They don't just seem that way to "us" or to "humans". YOU ARE GOD.

"God is infinite and limitless because there's nothing outside of itself to limit it" but really, aren't these all limitations? Aren't attributes, no matter how absolute, a limitation as well?

No

Think about how only the present moment exists, no matter what it shapeshifts into... How does God even think to itself or know what it wants to turn into? How does it pull out what it wants to be or experience from an infinity of finite "dreams"?

Infinity is infinitely intelligent. So whatever you see is the result of an intelligence so high that it is literally the highest possible.

It's happening as part of this dream you are dreaming.

Have you never had a dream about a nuclear war? And then you wake up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This dream you are dreaming is not the ego dream but god s dream. 

Just to make it clear, not tapping in solipsism (not ultimate Solipsism) again