Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Should you Avoid Saying Negative Things Out Loud

15 posts in this topic

This man basically claims that if you say out loud something negative, you make it a lot more likely that it will happen. Also he provides real life examples of this. 

This is because expressing verbally something negative is like 40 times stronger than if you thought about it. 

Is this true? What do you guys think? This video has made me kinda OCD of what i say out loud in fear that it might just happen. I get paranoid over this at times. 

I think there is some truth to this but I really don't know. The mechanics of how this might work are not clear to me at all. The video is worth watching :

Edited by SQAAD

It's how you FEEL that matters. Don't control your speech to sound positive when inwards you are resisting it. The thought is a secondary manifestation of feeling. That's why it seems that we create with our thoughts, but thoughts only seem to have power exactly because they are completely powerless. Go direct to the Source, go to feeling, listen to feeling and you need not worry. 

You do not CONTROL your thoughts, you observe your thoughts and use feeling as a guide for whether or not to follow or believe them.  You can select a better feeling thought, only because selecting a better feeling thought is dropping a thought that feels bad. When we bulldoze over feeling we are manipulating and controlling to get a positive outcome, simply to avoid feeling. Feeling is the unconditional love that trumps the duality of positive or negative and needs not wait for an outcome. This is why you think you're being kind of OCD, you interpret this in a way that causes you to focus on a thought that "you" FEAR a negative outcome. This is just one more thought that feeling is telling you "Nope" to. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yes, it can make these things more likely to happen, but this is a feature and not a bug.  And it is very easily remedied through awareness.
Actually, when you have negative feelings or want to say something, this is a blessing - it is your shadow showing you what you need to work on in yourself.
My suggestion is to write.  The Word is very important, because Words do create reality, and so do feelings, but these can change and become more beautiful and complex.  Write about why you are feeling that way, where it came from, and how you want to feel.  Direct how you want to feel like how a dog trainer teaches a baby puppy.

Say someone did something cruel to you, and you want to say something about it to them, and those words might not be in your best interest - instead of doing this, write the whole thing out, how you feel, and how you want to feel.  That way you do get your "say", but you are directing what happens afterwards.

I fight with my family, and I do this a lot for my journal.  If something bad happens, I write how I feel instead of spewing it out, and then find solutions to feel a different way, or activities that are beneficial for my growth.

When you realize how powerful the Word is; you are halfway there into building and creating your own life, how you want it to be.

The feature in this "bug" is that you are the director, you just have to remember that.  Don't feel OCD about saying negative things, if it happens, it happens, and you can reverse it by changing your outlook - just write it out or if you don't like to write, you can do an audio journal, too.  See that this is actually a guide, that you can also take positive Words and emotions and make something beautiful out of them.

This quick anime clip explains the power of the Word much better than I can:

I haven't delved into these books yet, but I would look into the Jewish tradition to understand how the Word is used.

@mandyjw

35 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

This is why you think you're being kind of OCD, you interpret this in a way that causes you to focus on a thought that "you" FEAR a negative outcome. This is just one more thought that feeling is telling you "Nope" to. 

I am not sure I understand you. Do you mean that the reason I feel bad is because fear is not true? 

You said about thoughts being a secondary manifestation of feelings but in my experience it goes the other way or both ways .

Usually I get a thought and then there is an emotional reaction to that thought. 

I am not trying to control thoughts but rather my actions. 

@Loba

27 minutes ago, Loba said:

Yes, it can make these things more likely to happen, but this is a feature and not a bug.  And it is very easily remedied through awareness.
Actually, when you have negative feelings or want to say something, this is a blessing - it is your shadow showing you what you need to work on in yourself.
My suggestion is to write.  The Word is very important, because Words do create reality, and so do feelings, but these can change and become more beautiful and complex.  Write about why you are feeling that way, where it came from, and how you want to feel.  Direct how you want to feel like how a dog trainer teaches a baby puppy.

Say someone did something cruel to you, and you want to say something about it to them, and those words might not be in your best interest - instead of doing this, write the whole thing out, how you feel, and how you want to feel.  That way you do get your "say", but you are directing what happens afterwards.

I fight with my family, and I do this a lot for my journal.  If something bad happens, I write how I feel instead of spewing it out, and then find solutions to feel a different way, or activities that are beneficial for my growth.

When you realize how powerful the Word is; you are halfway there into building and creating your own life, how you want it to be.

The feature in this "bug" is that you are the director, you just have to remember that.  Don't feel OCD about saying negative things, if it happens, it happens, and you can reverse it by changing your outlook - just write it out or if you don't like to write, you can do an audio journal, too.  See that this is actually a guide, that you can also take positive Words and emotions and make something beautiful out of them.

This quick anime clip explains the power of the Word much better than I can:

I haven't delved into these books yet, but I would look into the Jewish tradition to understand how the Word is used.

I agree. I have a journal also. I don't write as often as I would like too though. 

When I have a lot of sh*t inside, I talk out loud to myself or write it out. 

If the stuff is too toxic I prefer writing it than verbalizing it. 

Because I struggle with this fear that I may negatively program my mind and something bad might happen. I know that this fear seems irrational sometimes but my mind still fears it greatly .

It all began after watching the linked video few months ago. 

Also this video made me kinda worried of my mindset in general. There is a lot I don't understand about this whole thing and that's why the fear. 

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD It's less likely that something bad will happen, but more likely that the feelings will come up again and that's what needs to be redirected.

You can even start the process just like that, too, example:

"Hello to myself.  I am very upset and here is why:  (Reasons why) 
Because of this, my emotions are as follows:  (Emotions) 
My intentions are to redirect these feelings to something beneficial.  I fear that something bad will happen if I say something negative. 
Where did this fear start, and why did it happen?  (Look into where the fear started and why it happened.)
I am doing shadow work to look into these feelings and transmute them.  My goal is to have more positive thoughts and emotions.
What are some beneficial feelings I would like to feel right now, and what can I do to experience those feelings?  (Write down some ideas.)
How can I overcome my negative feelings in this moment?  (Write down what you can do to overcome negativity.)

And then end it with positivity, so that it redirects your emotions, like so:

"I am a good person, and my feelings and the things I have said or want to say do not represent the entire picture.  What manifests is the entire picture, so as I learn more about myself and grow, I can manifest positive things in life.  I am doing the right thing, I am loved, and I will and am growing.  I am adding awareness to my emotions and my feelings by writing about them, and this is redirecting my life in a positive way.  I am safe.  I am smart.  I am introspective, I am wise."

^  This is the power of the Word.  You get to decide.

You can go as deep or as shallow as you like into these emotions, but the more you understand them, and then feel them through, the more love and light can enter into your life.  The darkness isn't evil, and it isn't there to manifest bad things into your world - it is there just to remind you where you need to look at.  It's like a bookmark of a chapter that you have not finished yet.

"Can anyone who has heard this music really be a bad person?"

Do you see right now, how you are using your Words to create solutions by asking for help?  That is also manifestation.  And it's not bad or negative. <3 <3

It's hard to explain how manifestation works.  It can create a confirmation bias of bad things happening, which is what is more likely to show up... but what is underneath all of that is Love - and you must come from this place to manifest... anything.  It will create more bad things... but those things aren't real, it's like... hmmm... it's like, the shadow will keep coming up until you see it.  It is a type of lens put over reality, but not the true reality - that's why you'll want to manifest from a place of loving yourself.  If you want good things in your life.  And God wants that for people, to See Love.  It is kind of a paradox.
Where, yes, more negative things can happen - but it is because you are seeing them and not the Love.  If that makes sense, so the biggest obstacle to that, is just rewiring to see things for how they are.

Some advice:  Write down everything that you love, that makes you happy, feel safe, makes your soul feel whole and move towards that.

Edited by Loba

Yes, saying something has a greater impact than just thinking it.

But still these are peanuts compared to your being, feelings and actions.

Focusing on controlling your words can be helpful but I'd advise you go deeper than that.

Increase your awareness and inspect core beliefs.

When you do that, your thoughts/words will align with your new beliefs automatically.

@Loba

12 hours ago, Loba said:

@SQAAD It's less likely that something bad will happen, but more likely that the feelings will come up again and that's what needs to be redirected.

You can even start the process just like that, too, example:

"Hello to myself.  I am very upset and here is why:  (Reasons why) 
Because of this, my emotions are as follows:  (Emotions) 
My intentions are to redirect these feelings to something beneficial.  I fear that something bad will happen if I say something negative. 
Where did this fear start, and why did it happen?  (Look into where the fear started and why it happened.)
I am doing shadow work to look into these feelings and transmute them.  My goal is to have more positive thoughts and emotions.
What are some beneficial feelings I would like to feel right now, and what can I do to experience those feelings?  (Write down some ideas.)
How can I overcome my negative feelings in this moment?  (Write down what you can do to overcome negativity.)

And then end it with positivity, so that it redirects your emotions, like so:

"I am a good person, and my feelings and the things I have said or want to say do not represent the entire picture.  What manifests is the entire picture, so as I learn more about myself and grow, I can manifest positive things in life.  I am doing the right thing, I am loved, and I will and am growing.  I am adding awareness to my emotions and my feelings by writing about them, and this is redirecting my life in a positive way.  I am safe.  I am smart.  I am introspective, I am wise."

^  This is the power of the Word.  You get to decide.

You can go as deep or as shallow as you like into these emotions, but the more you understand them, and then feel them through, the more love and light can enter into your life.  The darkness isn't evil, and it isn't there to manifest bad things into your world - it is there just to remind you where you need to look at.  It's like a bookmark of a chapter that you have not finished yet.

"Can anyone who has heard this music really be a bad person?"

Do you see right now, how you are using your Words to create solutions by asking for help?  That is also manifestation.  And it's not bad or negative. <3 <3

It's hard to explain how manifestation works.  It can create a confirmation bias of bad things happening, which is what is more likely to show up... but what is underneath all of that is Love - and you must come from this place to manifest... anything.  It will create more bad things... but those things aren't real, it's like... hmmm... it's like, the shadow will keep coming up until you see it.  It is a type of lens put over reality, but not the true reality - that's why you'll want to manifest from a place of loving yourself.  If you want good things in your life.  And God wants that for people, to See Love.  It is kind of a paradox.
Where, yes, more negative things can happen - but it is because you are seeing them and not the Love.  If that makes sense, so the biggest obstacle to that, is just rewiring to see things for how they are.

Some advice:  Write down everything that you love, that makes you happy, feel safe, makes your soul feel whole and move towards that.

Thank you for the advice. 

The problem I find sometimes is that there is no way to be 100% sure if something bad won't happen. 

For example I might say something negative out loud like that 'I don't remember' and then I am terrified that somehow that can manifest for myself by some mysterious subconscious process.  

Sometimes I reassure myself that what matters is what you actually mean and not what you actually say but still I feel uncertainty and fear the worst. Many times I might say that I don't remember but I don't actually mean it... 

I don't know how to explain it. It's like one part of my brain knows that what I said won't hurt me and some other part is still terrified... 

This has led me to avoid saying negative things (even things I don't actually believe or mean literally ) but I don't like living with this fear and filtering out everything I say out loud - _-

Edited by SQAAD

@universe

8 hours ago, universe said:

Increase your awareness and inspect core beliefs.

When you do that, your thoughts/words will align with your new beliefs automatically.

That's a great point!! 

Do you think that by saying negative things that you don't actually mean, there is a chance of increasing the likelihood of those things happening? 

Edited by SQAAD

Belief and identity structures outcome. You can be a very angry successful person for example, or a happy failure. Emotion comes from identity and at the same time forms or reinforces it.

Words are forms, and symbols, but you give it meaning from the language structure within you. Voice has resonance. Letters and words have tones certainly to assist meaning. Shout at someone and you'll get a different reaction to talking softly but words or symbols are only given lasting meaning by belief, language structure and identity.

Everything comes from you. It can be no other way.

If you want to go down this rabbit hole study etymology, scared geometry and maybe books like the ophanic revelation. If you can get past the mythological aspects, you can see how letters can be designed to trigger reactions by tone and that language structures meaning, but its still you that ultimately interprets reality.

Maybe one day someone will design a language that is more beneficial to humanity, rather than increment as we do with existing languages.

@BlueOak

20 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Belief and identity structures outcome. You can be a very angry successful person for example, or a happy failure. Emotion comes from identity and at the same time forms or reinforces it.

Words are forms, and symbols, but you give it meaning from the language structure within you. Voice has resonance. Letters and words have tones certainly to assist meaning. Shout at someone and you'll get a different reaction to talking softly but words or symbols are only given lasting meaning by belief, language structure and identity.

Everything comes from you. It can be no other way.

If you want to go down this rabbit hole study etymology, scared geometry and maybe books like the ophanic revelation. If you can get past the mythological aspects, you can see how letters can be designed to trigger reactions by tone and that language structures meaning, but its still you that ultimately interprets reality.

Maybe one day someone will design a language that is more beneficial to humanity, rather than increment as we do with existing languages.

Yes I think that ultimately it does not matter what you actually say But what you mean behind what you say.

Still though I suffer from this irrational fear that if I say anything negative out loud it might just happen lol ??

Sometimes I avoid saying things bc of this. But this only strengthens the fear.. I am in the position where even if I say something negative or don't say, I still suffer greatly. 

What would you do if you were in my position?? 

Edited by SQAAD

6 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@BlueOak

Yes I think that ultimately it does not matter what you actually say But what you mean behind what you say.

Still though I suffer from this irrational fear that if I say anything negative out loud it might just happen lol ??

What would you do if you were in my position?? 

Shake the belief up. Say something absurd outloud. Say a pig in a dress will be standing behind you, offering you a cocktail with a pink umbrella 5 minutes from now.

Your belief is what shapes your life and you can now see that belief outside of yourself, so even now its not got the hold over you it had. As soon as something becomes conscious everything changes. Life will reflect that its an irrational fear now rather than an actual reality, so you've already changed your own reality. 

Pick your beliefs and identities to give you the life you want.

@BlueOak

31 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Shake the belief up. Say something absurd outloud. Say a pig in a dress will be standing behind you, offering you a cocktail with a pink umbrella 5 minutes from now.

Your belief is what shapes your life and you can now see that belief outside of yourself, so even now its not got the hold over you it had. As soon as something becomes conscious everything changes. Life will reflect that its an irrational fear now rather than an actual reality, so you've already changed your own reality. 

Pick your beliefs and identities to give you the life you want.

The problem is that if I say that a pig will show up my Brain thinks there is no way I can create that. 

But if I say something like 'I am an idiot' (even if I don't mean it) my brain thinks that Maybe there is some subconscious way this fear could manifest lol.. 

This video started this whole fear:

https://youtu.be/5lCeWtXPKko

Also this video solidified the fear a bit more. 

Edited by SQAAD

11 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

The problem is that if I say that a pig will show up my Brain thinks there is no way I can create that. 

But if I say something like 'I am an idiot' (even if I don't mean it) my brain thinks that Maybe there is some subconscious way this fear could manifest lol.. 

So the problem is what you believe to be possible. You are seeing the nature of reality and its scary. I get that.
What you believe to be possible shapes your life, your reactions, your fears and your reality.

Do you see that? So rather than having 1 single belief here which seems a monumental thing to overcome, you have several to look at.

Anything related to you. If you believe you are an idiot chances are you will be. You will look for things in life that reinforce that and say see that's the example! When an other might just say that's life, that's the way we learn, or that was me on a bad day.

Uncertainty is understandable when you begin to see this. Fear is understandable as you question the nature of how you shape reality. So take it slow and meditate, calm yourself and approach it with that mindset. Otherwise stress and fear can be cumulative. Its also understandable that you are wanting to group all of this under one fear and disassociate it as that one thing.

*Couldn't see the video at first but i'll have a watch thank you.

Edited by BlueOak