Epikur

The Levels - A way to observe peoples introspection level - by Brittany Simon

6 posts in this topic

Listening to this right now. My impressions so far are that this is someone who's probably familiar with developmental Stage models, but perhaps hasn't embodied an understanding of thier inherent limitations.

Models are only useful insofar as they provide a coherent framework for making what is complex or hidden accessible to productive inquiry. Spiral Dynamics does this by grounding its model in a dialectic framework that's tied to shifting survival needs, where there's an explanatory mechanism behind why each Stage is qualitatively distinct from the others.

Unfortunately she doesn't seem to provide a good justification for why the model she's using is a useful schema for understanding the complexities of human development. Without grounding her model in an underlying explanatory mechanism, and without articulating why it makes sense to categorize development in the manner she does, the whole thing ends up feeling a bit arbitrary.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts I listened to a long conversation she had with Destiny, which is probably the most entertaining conservation I've ever heard. I had the same thoughts as you, but I'm not sure either way. Nevertheless, she was my inspiration for the topic about the relativity of meta-lenses :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

I can definitely tell she has some pretty substantial meta-level awareness.

I just think she could have articulated the groundwork of her schema better than she did, before hitting the ground running by jumping in to categorizion.

Leo spent quite a bit of time laying out this groundwork for Spiral Dynamics and Suzanne Cook Greuter's model, and I feel that it was missing here.

Not like people with a construct aware meta-perspective don't have blindspots ^_^

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Thank you that was helpful

6th - Ego Death.
7th - Spiritual Activation(s)
8th - Universal Love

I hate tiers but its what we do. You'd have to lose the tiers after 5 ;):D 

*Though we have spiritual ego's so that's all a blur, can't do tiers after 5

Edited by BlueOak

First of all her personality is on point, because she is confident knowing that people can judge her, but that doesn't do anything for her. Thing that I also like about her is that she is extremely straight with her points and she won't restrict herself, but still she wants good for everyone. To the actual content I can't say a word, because now a days it is hard for me to find anything useful and at the same time new. I also love open self-expression and that can be found from the video : )

Who told you that "others" are real?